Oct. 9th, 1954
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Scott Bakula's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Scott Bakula came from a musical family. In the fourth grade, he started a rock band and wrote songs for them. Later, he sang with the St. Louis Symphony. He studied Law at the University of Kansas.
Bakula was born in St. Louis, Missouri, the son of Stewart, a lawyer, and Sally Bakula. He has a younger brother and a younger sister.
In 1976, he was first hired professionally in the role of Sam in Shenandoah and went to New York. After several small roles on TV, he made Quantum Leap (1989).
He won a Golden Globe in 1992 for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV series - Drama for Quantum Leap (1989) and was nominated for a Tony award in 1988. Today, he lives in Los Angeles and has a farm in upstate New York.
Bakula married Krista Neumann in 1981; they divorced in 1995. The couple have two children: Chelsy or Chelsea (sources differ as per spelling) and Cody. He and actress Chelsea Field have been companions since 1996 and have two children, Wil Botfield and Owen Barrett.
- Coincidentally, his fictional character named Capt. Jonathan Archer is similar to real-life Star Trek: Voyager novelist Nathan Archer.
- The surname Bakula is very common in Croatia and very rare in the Czech Republic. During the premiere of the first season of Star Trek: Enterprise in Croatia, some Croatian newspapers, like Slobodna Dalmacija, conducted a few interviews with Croatians named Bakula, especially with people from Dalmatia and Herzegovina, in an effort to determine Scott Bakula's origin. It is also possible, as a lot of Croats have lived in the Czech Republic for centuries, that Scott's ancestors are among them.
- Children: 'Chelsy Bakula' (qv) (b. 1984), Cody (b. 1991 - adopted) with Neumann; Wil (b. 1995) and Owen (b. 1999), with Field.
- His second wife 'Chelsea Field' (qv) auditioned for the role of Captain Kathryn Janeway on _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv).
- The only actor to have two roles included in TV Guide's "25 Legends of Sci-Fi," One entry noted the character of Sam Beckett from _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv), while the other entry noted all of the Captains from the various Star Trek series, which would of course include his role of Jonathan Archer from _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv).
- Member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.
- The song "Somewhere in the Night," which appeared in an episode of _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv), was sung by Bakula and can be found in a CD single format.
- Best remembered by the public for his starring role as "Doctor Sam Beckett" in _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv) and as "Captain Jonathan Archer" on Star Trek: _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv).