Oct. 9th, 1954
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Scott Bakula's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Informant!
2001 - Life as a House
1999 - American Beauty
1998 - Major League: Back to the Minors
1997 - Cats Don't Dance
1995 - Lord of Illusions
1995 - My Family
1994 - Color of Night
1991 - Necessary Roughness
Guest TV Roles
Jeff 'Papa Jeff' Hunter
Elbegast the Robber Knight (Voiced)
Scott Bakula came from a musical family. In the fourth grade, he started a rock band and wrote songs for them. Later, he sang with the St. Louis Symphony. He studied Law at the University of Kansas.
Bakula was born in St. Louis, Missouri, the son of Stewart, a lawyer, and Sally Bakula. He has a younger brother and a younger sister.
In 1976, he was first hired professionally in the role of Sam in Shenandoah and went to New York. After several small roles on TV, he made Quantum Leap (1989).
He won a Golden Globe in 1992 for Best Performance by an Actor in a TV series - Drama for Quantum Leap (1989) and was nominated for a Tony award in 1988. Today, he lives in Los Angeles and has a farm in upstate New York.
Bakula married Krista Neumann in 1981; they divorced in 1995. The couple have two children: Chelsy or Chelsea (sources differ as per spelling) and Cody. He and actress Chelsea Field have been companions since 1996 and have two children, Wil Botfield and Owen Barrett.
- His 1988 Tony nomination was as Best Actor (Musical) for "Romance/Romance," written by 'Barry Harman' (qv). The winner in that category that year was 'Michael Crawford (I)' (qv) for "Phantom of the Opera," Scott was not the producers' first choice for the role but was chosen after 'Armand Assante' (qv) turned it down. When Scott left "Romance/Romance" to do _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv), he was replaced by 'Barry Williams (I)' (qv) for the remainder of the show's Broadway run.
- The only actor to have two roles included in TV Guide's "25 Legends of Sci-Fi," One entry noted the character of Sam Beckett from _"Quantum Leap" (1989)_ (qv), while the other entry noted all of the Captains from the various Star Trek series, which would of course include his role of Jonathan Archer from _"Enterprise" (2001)_ (qv).
- Appeared on the cover of the March 1995 issue of Playgirl Magazine. In the interview inside, illustrated with several photos of Scott baring his hairy chest, he stated that he wouldn't have a problem doing a nude scene in a movie.
- The surname Bakula is very common in Croatia and very rare in the Czech Republic. During the premiere of the first season of Star Trek: Enterprise in Croatia, some Croatian newspapers, like Slobodna Dalmacija, conducted a few interviews with Croatians named Bakula, especially with people from Dalmatia and Herzegovina, in an effort to determine Scott Bakula's origin. It is also possible, as a lot of Croats have lived in the Czech Republic for centuries, that Scott's ancestors are among them.
- Ran the Los Angeles Marathon on March 6, 2005 in 4 hrs 10 mins 41 secs.
- The white streak in his hair appeared when he was four years old. He had been helping a neighbor paint, and his mother thought he had gotten paint in his hair.
- Member of the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.
- His father-in-law ('Chelsea Field' (qv)'s father) once sold a horse to 'William Shatner' (qv).