Sep. 22nd, 1961
Brooklyn, New York, USA
5' 10 1/2"
Scott Baio's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - The Arrested Development Documentary Project
2005 - Cursed
2004 - Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2
2002 - Frank McKlusky, C.I.
1982 - Zapped!
1980 - Foxes
1976 - Bugsy Malone
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Graham D. Pickrel II
Scott Vincent James Baio was born on September 22, 1961 in Brooklyn, New York. He was the third child of Mario and Rose Baio, who had emigrated from Italy. At the young age of nine, Scott decided that he wanted to be an actor. Soon after, his parents took him on interviews and he was able to land small roles in commercials.
His first real taste of success occurred in 1976 when he beat out 2,000 other child actors for the starring role in the child gangster film Bugsy Malone (1976). The following year, Scott's popularity soared after he was chosen for the role of Chachi, Fonzi's cousin, on the ABC hit sitcom, "Happy Days" (1974). Soon after, Scott's parents moved him to Hollywood to help him keep up with the demands of his acting career. Throughout his stint on "Happy Days" (1974) from 1977 to 1984, Scott still managed to appear in several films, including Skatetown, U.S.A. (1979) and Zapped! (1982) and even starred in three other short-lived sitcoms ("Blansky's Beauties" (1977), "Who's Watching the Kids" (1978), and the "Happy Days" (1974) spin-off "Joanie Loves Chachi" (1982)). This exposure helped him become a major teen idol in the early 1980s.
After "Happy Days" (1974) went off the air in 1984, Scott moved to CBS where he was given the starring role on the sitcom "Charles in Charge" (1984). He played a college student who was hired to watch over three children. After one season on CBS, the show was retooled and moved to first-run syndication where it ran successfully from 1987 to 1990.
Since "Charles in Charge" (1984) ended, Scott has been able to stay busy, albeit with a relatively lower profile. He's had starring roles on "Baby Talk" (1991) and "Diagnosis Murder" (1993) and guest starring roles on "Veronica's Closet" (1997) and "Arrested Development" (2003). He has even tried his hand behind the camera, directing episodes of "The Wayans Bros." (1995) and "Unhappily Ever After" (1995).
Offscreen, Scott has made a few headlines as well. In 1997, he was rumored to have died in a car accident, but this was quickly declared as false. He has gained a reputation for dating several high-profile (mostly blonde) actresses, most notably Pamela Anderson (I) , Heather Locklear and former co-star Nicole Eggert. In 2007, VH1 played this reputation into a reality series called Scott Baio is 45...and Single. On the show, he meets with a life coach to try and find reasons why he is still single. In order to accomplish this, he must revisit his ex-girlfriends (including Erin Moran (I) and Julie McCullough) to find out what went right and what went wrong in the relationships. Follwing the completion of the first season, he announced that his girlfriend, Renee Sloan, was pregnant with his first child. On November 2, 2007, she gave birth to a baby girl.
- Brother of actor 'Steven Baio' (qv).
- Ranked #16 in TV Guide's list of "TV's 25 Greatest Teen Idols" (23 January 2005 issue).
- Attended Xaverian High School, in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, New York.
- (18 December 1997) A rumor circulated that he had been killed in a car crash. It was never determined how the rumor started, but it turned out that Baio hadn't even been in an accident, much less gotten killed in one.
- Attended Saint Bernadette Elementary School in Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, New York.
- In the fall of 1998 he starred in a show called "Rewind" which had been picked up by FOX. However, the network cancelled the show before a single episode made it to air.
- Daughter Bailey Deluca born November 2, 2007, weighing 5 pounds, 10 ounces. She arrived 5 weeks early. Mother is 'Renee Sloan' (qv).
- Attended former President 'Ronald Reagan (I)' (qv)'s funeral at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, CA.