Nov. 9th, 1970
Houston, Texas, USA
Scarface's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2006 - Idiocracy
1996 - Original Gangstas
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Scarface, a.k.a. Brad Jordan, was born and raised in Houston, Texas, in the South Acres district. He is one of the rappers of the Geto Boys, and has recorded solo albums like Mr. Scarface is Back, The Diary, and The World is Yours. In real life, he was a high school dropout at 16, and suffered from manic depression. He is currently married and has five children. Not much is known of his age (either born in 1970 or 1972), and from magazine articles, his age might be a couple of years off.
- Stage name chosen from the movie _Scarface (1983)_ (qv)
- After signing with Rap-A-Lot Records, Scarface (known as DJ Akshen in 1988 or 1989) was originally going to be a solo artist, until James A. Prince decided to have him, DJ Ready Red, and Willie D (who released his first album, "Controversy," in 1989), as the replacement members of the Geto Boys. The Ghetto Boys (before the spelling change in 1990) consisted of Johnny C, Jukebox, and Raheem. DJ Ready Red later joined the group, after one of the founders left early, and Bushwick Bill, at the time of the group's founding in 1987, was originally the group's stage dancer. It is believed that Jukebox, one of the original Ghetto Boys, was convicted of assault and sentenced to prison, which might have prompted Willie D, Scarface, DJ Ready Red, and Bushwick Bill to be the second incarnation of the Geto Boys.
- Originally used the stage name DJ Akshen
- Childhood friend of New Black Panther Party member Quanell X (former member of the Nation of Islam). Quanell X had appeared in some of Scarface's music videos when his career began in 1991.
- Briefly attended Missouri City Junior High (Missouri City, Texas) from 1984-86, and was once a member of the football team.
- In June 2000, he was named the CEO of Def Jam South, and signed hip-hop star Ludacris.
- Attended Willowridge High School (Houston, Texas) in late 1986 for a short time, before dropping out
- To this day, Scarface is the mos successful memberof the Geto Boys as a solo artist. His albums have either achieved gold or platinum status. His solo debut, "Mr. Scarface is Back," sold a half- million copies; the sophomore followup, "The World is Yours," went platinum. Later albums like "The Untouchable," "The Diary," My Homies," and "Last of a Dying Breed," featured MCs like Ice Cube and Tupac Shakur.