May. 17th, 1973
Los Angeles, California, USA
Sasha Alexander's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sasha Alexander began acting by the time she was in the seventh grade when she found herself cast as the lead female in her school's production of "Baby". What she didn't know was that her male co-star would chicken out on her only a few hours before opening night. Determined to let the show go on, Alexander used her comedic skills and threw herself into the role. The audience response was overwhelmingly enthusiastic, and a star was born.
Alexander continued acting in high school and college plays, and traveled east to New York from her native Los Angeles to perform in summer stock and Shakespeare Festival productions. It was here that her portrayal of Katherine in "The Taming of the Shrew" earned her the honor of studying in London with 'Cicely Berry' and the Royal Shakespeare Company. Alexander graduated from USC's prestigious School of Cinema & Television, where she studied directing in an effort to hone her behind-the-camera skills. All the while, she continued to add to her acting resume with appearances in several critically acclaimed independent films, which premiered at festivals across the country.
Besides her acting career, Alexander has also written a variety of productions, including Lucky 13 (2005), a comedy which she co-wrote, produced and stars in with 'Harland Williams' and 'Lauren Graham'.
Alexander has currently shifted base from L.A to North Carolina where she co-stars with her friend 'James Van Der Beek' on the TV drama Dawson's Creek (1998).
- She is of Serbian descent. Her father is Italian, she speaks Serbian and Italian quite well.
- She once played the role of Kate in 'Taming of the Shrew'.
- Used to be a dancer.
- Was in a pop music group for a year called "Everything nice" when she was 14.
- Her role model is her mom.
- Used to be an ice skater, but due to an injury she had to give up on her dream of going pro.
- "Sasha Alexander" is the actress' stage name. Her real first name is Suzana (Sasha is a childhood nickname), and her brother's name is Alexander.
- "Sasha" is a common nickname for "Alexander"/"Alexandra" in Russia and neighboring countries.