May. 17th, 1973
Los Angeles, California, USA
Sasha Alexander's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - He's Just Not That Into You
2009 - Love Happens
2009 - Tenure
2008 - Yes Man
2006 - Mission: Impossible III
Guest TV Roles
DEA Agent Julia Harris
District Attorney Robin Childs
Sasha Alexander began acting by the time she was in the seventh grade when she found herself cast as the lead female in her school's production of "Baby". What she didn't know was that her male co-star would chicken out on her only a few hours before opening night. Determined to let the show go on, Sasha used her comedic skills and threw herself into the role. The audience response was overwhelmingly enthusiastic, and a star was born. Sasha continued acting in high school and college plays, and traveled east to New York from her native Los Angeles to perform in summer stock and Shakespeare Festival productions. It was here that her portrayal of Katherine in "The Taming of the Shrew" earned her the honor of studying in London with Cicely Berry and the Royal Shakespeare Company. Sasha graduated from USC's prestigious School of Cinema & Television, where she studied directing in an effort to hone her behind-the-camera skills. All the while, she continued to add to her acting resume with appearances in several critically acclaimed independent films, which premiered at festivals across the country. Besides her acting career, Sasha has also written a variety of productions, including Lucky 13 (2005/I), a comedy which she co-wrote, produced and stars in with Harland Williams and Lauren Graham (I). Sasha has currently shifted base from L.A to North Carolina where she co-stars with her friend James Van Der Beek on the TV drama "Dawson's Creek" (1998).
- January 2006: engaged to film director 'Edoardo Ponti' (qv). He is the son of 'Carlo Ponti' (qv) and 'Sophia Loren' (qv). Loren's sister is 'Anna Maria Mussolini' (qv), ex wife of 'Romano Mussolini' (qv). Romano is the son of WW2 Italian dictator 'Benito Mussolini' (qv) and father of Italian government member 'Alessandra Mussolini' (qv).
- Daughter, Lucia Sofia Ponti, was born in Geneva, Switzerland on May 12th, 2006
- She once played the role of Kate in 'Taming of the Shrew'.
- Attended Film School at the University Of Southern California
- Used to be a dancer.
- Was in a pop music group for a year called "Everything nice" when she was 14.
- Married 'Edoardo Ponti' (qv) at the Russian Orthodox Church in Geneva, Switzerland (August 11, 2007).
- "Sasha Alexander" is the actress' stage name. Her real first name is Suzana (Sasha is a childhood nickname), and her brother's name is Alexander.