Dec. 1st, 1970
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA
Sarah Silverman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - A Million Ways to Die in the West
2010 - I Am Comic
2009 - Saint John of Las Vegas
2009 - Funny People
2007 - Super High Me
2007 - Mr. Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
2007 - Fired!
2006 - I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With
2006 - School for Scoundrels
2005 - The Aristocrats
2005 - Rent
2004 - Hair High
2003 - School of Rock
2001 - Say It Isn't So
2001 - Evolution
2001 - Heartbreakers
2000 - Screwed
1999 - The Bachelor
1998 - Overnight Delivery
1998 - Bulworth
1998 - There's Something About Mary
Guest TV Roles
Ms. Schnur (Voiced)
Nikki McKenna (Voiced)
Cork's Big Sister (Voiced)
Sarah Kate Silverman (born December 1, 1970) is an American comedienne, writer, and actress.
She was born in Manchester, New Hampshire, to Beth Ann and Donald Silverman. Her mother and father divorced and remarried John O'Hara (deceased) and Janice, respectively. Silverman is the youngest of four siblings: Rabbi Susan, screenwriter Jodyne, and actress Laura Silverman. She is Jewish, though was not "raised with any religion."
After graduating from The Derryfield School in Manchester, she attended New York University and continued her standup in Greenwich Village.
She first started out writing in the 1990s for "Saturday Night Live" (1995), and then moved on to the HBO program "Mr. Show with Bob and David" (1995). Her quick wit and attractive features meant she was ideal on either side of the camera, and Silverman soon broke into feature films with appearances in "Bulworth" (1998), "There's Something About Mary" (1998) and "The Bachelor" (1999).
Not forgetting her comedic roots on television, Silverman was back on TV in the zany comedy series "Greg the Bunny" (2002) and she provided one of the featured voices on "Crank Yankers" (2002). More recently, Silverman played the uptight girlfriend of 'Mike White' pestering serial loser 'Jack Black' in "The School of Rock" (2003) and she co-starred in the mini-series "Pilot Season" (2004).
- Her favorite movie is _The One and Only (1978)_ (qv).
- Became the girlfriend of comedian/TV host 'Jimmy Kimmel' (qv) in 2002 following Kimmel's divorce from his wife, 'Gina Kimmel' (qv).
- Caused a major controversy when she used the word "chink" during a stand up routine on _"Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1993)_ (qv)
- She does not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Reunited with Jimmy Kimmel as of October 2008.
- While a writer on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), played the Chop Suey in 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv)'s performance of "Lunchlady Land".
- Once wrote an article for Penthouse Magazine
- Split from 'Jimmy Kimmel' (qv) [July 14, 2008].