Dec. 1st, 1970
Manchester, New Hampshire, USA
Sarah Silverman's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sarah Kate Silverman (born December 1, 1970) is an American comedienne, writer, and actress.
She was born in Manchester, New Hampshire, to Beth Ann and Donald Silverman. Her mother and father divorced and remarried John O'Hara (deceased) and Janice, respectively. Silverman is the youngest of four siblings: Rabbi Susan, screenwriter Jodyne, and actress Laura Silverman. She is Jewish, though was not "raised with any religion."
After graduating from The Derryfield School in Manchester, she attended New York University and continued her standup in Greenwich Village.
She first started out writing in the 1990s for "Saturday Night Live" (1995), and then moved on to the HBO program "Mr. Show with Bob and David" (1995). Her quick wit and attractive features meant she was ideal on either side of the camera, and Silverman soon broke into feature films with appearances in "Bulworth" (1998), "There's Something About Mary" (1998) and "The Bachelor" (1999).
Not forgetting her comedic roots on television, Silverman was back on TV in the zany comedy series "Greg the Bunny" (2002) and she provided one of the featured voices on "Crank Yankers" (2002). More recently, Silverman played the uptight girlfriend of 'Mike White' pestering serial loser 'Jack Black' in "The School of Rock" (2003) and she co-starred in the mini-series "Pilot Season" (2004).
- Became the girlfriend of comedian/TV host 'Jimmy Kimmel' (qv) in 2002 following Kimmel's divorce from his wife, 'Gina Kimmel' (qv).
- While a writer on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv), played the Chop Suey in 'Adam Sandler (I)' (qv)'s performance of "Lunchlady Land".
- She is of Polish and Russian heritage.
- Has three sisters: Susan Silverman, a feminist rabbi (and co-author, with husband Yosef Abramowitz, of the book 'Jewish Family & Life: Traditions, Holidays, and Values for Today's Parents and Children'); 'Laura Silverman' (qv), an actress; and 'Jody Silverman' (qv), a screenwriter.
- Split from 'Jimmy Kimmel' (qv) [July 14, 2008].
- She does not drink alcoholic beverages.
- Once wrote an article for Penthouse Magazine
- Reunited with Jimmy Kimmel as of October 2008.