Jan. 10th, 1980
Euless, Texas, USA
Sarah Shahi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - The Congress
2012 - Bullet to the Head
2011 - I Don't Know How She Does It
2009 - Crossing Over
2007 - Rush Hour 3
2006 - For Your Consideration
2006 - The Dog Problem
2005 - A Lot Like Love
2003 - Old School
2001 - Extreme Honor
Guest TV Roles
Aahoo Jahansouz, also known as Sarah Shahi, (born January 10, 1980), in Euless, Texas to an Iranian father and Spanish mother, Abbas and Mahmonir Jahansouz Shahi.
She is an American actress and model of Iranian and Spanish descent.former NFL Cheerleader and a great-great-granddaughter of the 19th century Persian Shah Fath Ali Shah Qajar by Begom Khanom (daughter of Hossein Qoli Khan Afshar, niece of Begom Khanom, daughter of Emam Qoli Khan Afshar), through their son Jahansouz Shah. She attended Trinity High School and Dallas' Southern Methodist University, majoring in English and Opera. Shahi started her career as a beauty queen during her teen years. She won the Miss Fort Worth USA pageant in 1997. She joined the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders 1999-2000 squad and appeared on the cover of their 2000 calendar.
While working as an extra on the set of Dr. T and the Women, she met director Robert Altman, who encouraged her to move to Hollywood. Sarah then moved to Los Angeles. Once in L.A., she got various recurrent roles in several famous series, such as Alias, where she played Jenny, Dawson's Creek, where she was Sadia Shaw, and The L Word where she played Carmen de la Pica Morales. Shahi was also the first ghost in Supernatural, the CW paranormal drama series.
She is best known for her role as the Mexican-American DJ Carmen de la Pica Morales in the Showtime drama television series The L Word, which she joined in its second season. Shahi did not renew her contract with The L Word for a fourth season, and consequently her character was written out.
She also appeared in HBO's The Sopranos, in the Season 6b episode "Kennedy and Heidi", as Sonya Aragon, a stripper and college student who spends a weekend with Tony after a death in his family. Although uncredited by most sources, Shahi also appeared in Jackie Chan movie Rush Hour 3 as one of the girls being handcuffed along with Mia Tyler for motoring offense by Chris Tucker early in the film. Shahi's currently starring as one of the leads alongside Damian Lewis in the new NBC hit show Life which started airing in the U.S. in late September 2007, and which has been renewed for a second season for the Fall of 2008.
Shahi speaks English, Persian, and some Spanish, and has a Brown belt in Karate.
- Attended Southern Methodist University
- Her father is of Persian origin, her mother is Spanish.
- Rank 66th on the Maxim Hot 100 in 2006. Source: Advocate magazine, issue No. 996.
- Studied opera.
- The great-great-granddaughter of a 19th century Iranian Shah, Fath Ali Shah Qajar by Begom Khanom (daughter of Hossein Qoli Khan Afshar, niece of Begom Khanom, daughter of Emam Qoli Khan Afshar), through their son Jahansouz Shah.
- Named #90 on the Maxim magazine "Hot 100 of 2005" list.
- Daughter-in-law of 'Bill Howey' (qv).
- When she got the part of Carmen de la Pica Morales on _"The L Word" (2004)_ (qv), she wasn't sure that she wanted it, but now considers it her dream role.