Dec. 17th, 1974
Tampa, Florida, USA
Sarah Paulson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - The Spirit
2006 - Diggers
2006 - Griffin & Phoenix
2005 - The Notorious Bettie Page
2005 - Serenity
2004 - Piccadilly Jim
2003 - Down with Love
2002 - Bug
2000 - What Women Want
1999 - The Other Sister
1999 - Held Up
Guest TV Roles
Young Ellis Grey
Herself - Guest
Born on December 17, 1974 in Tampa, Florida, Sarah Paulson spent most of her time in New York and Maine before settling in Manhattan to attend the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and the High School for Performing Arts. Although she made her Broadway debut in "The Sisters Rosensweig" and performed in the Off-Broadway "Talking Pictures", she debuted on the small screen in late 1994 in a guest shot on NBC's "Law & Order" (1990), then, in the following spring, landed her first TV-movie role in CBS' Friends at Last (1995) (TV) and finally became a TV series regular by fall 1995.
Best known for her amazing performance in CBS' supernatural drama "American Gothic" (1995) as the benevolent spiritual guide to her young brother, she was also a regular on the WB series "Jack & Jill" (1999) as Elisa Cronkite, the former girlfriend of David "Jill" Jillefsky (Ivan Sergei (I)) as well as the main character in the TV series "Leap of Faith" (2002), Faith Wardwell, and as Audrey in the TV series Metropolis (2000) (TV). She was also part of the cast of Shaughnessy (1996) (TV), The Long Way Home (1998) (TV) (as Leanne Bossert) and Path to War (2002) (TV) as Luci Baines Johnson, as well as making notable appearances in "Touched by an Angel" (1994) playing "Zoe" in "Manhunt" (episode # 8.4) 20 October 2001 and "Cracker" (1997) playing "Nina" in "True Romance: Part 1" (episode # 1.1) 18 September 1997.
Sarah has now played in movies with such stars as Mel Gibson (I) in the romantic comedy What Women Want (2000) (as Annie, Gibson's secretary), Diane Keaton in the romantic drama The Other Sister (1999) (as Heather Tate, Keaton's lesbian eldest daughter), Jamie Foxx in Held Up (1999) (as Mary, a retarded young woman with an unfaithful boyfriend) and David Hyde Pierce in the romantic comedy Down with Love (2003) (as Vicky Hiller, Pierce's crush). She also had two major roles in the comedy Bug (2002) and the drama, Levitation (1997), where she starred as a pregnant teenager who searches for her biological mother, with the help of a guardian angel.
- In _The Other Sister (1999)_ (qv) Sarah did an impersonation of Flipper. She used this same skill for a dolphin character in _"Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (2006)_ (qv).
- Sister of casting director 'Liz Paulson' (qv).
- Partnered with Broadway actress 'Cherry Jones (I)' (qv).
- Appeared with 'Steven Weber (I)' (qv) in "The D.A."(2004)_ and _"Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (2006)_ (qv). She also appeared with 'Amanda Peet (I)' (qv) three different times: in _"Jack & Jill" (1999)_ (qv), _Griffin & Phoenix (2006)_ (qv), and now _"Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (2006)_ (qv).
- Sarah and her _"Leap of Faith" (2002)_ (qv) co-star 'Lisa Edelstein' (qv) met on the set of the 'Mel Gibson (I)' (qv) comedy _What Women Want (2000)_ (qv). It was just coincidence that they became cast mates again.