Apr. 14th, 1977
New York City, New York, USA
Sarah Michelle Gellar-Prinze 's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Veronika Decides To Die
2007 - TMNT
2007 - Happily N'Ever After
2007 - Suburban Girl
2006 - The Grudge 2
2006 - Southland Tales
2004 - The Grudge
2002 - Scooby-Doo
2001 - Harvard Man
1999 - Simply Irresistible
1999 - She's All That
1999 - Cruel Intentions
1998 - Small Soldiers
1997 - Scream 2
1997 - I Know What You Did Last Summer
1988 - Funny Farm
Guest TV Roles
Gina Vendetti (Voiced)
Sarah Michelle Gellar
Andromeda 1998 (Voiced)
Sarah Michelle Geller (born April 14, 1977) is an American actress and producer. In 1983, she made her acting debut in the made-for-TV movie An Invasion of Privacy and went on to appear in Spenser: For Hire and Crossbow. Gellar had her first lead part in 1992's mini-series Swans Crossing and originated the role of Kendall Hart on the ABC daytime soap opera All My Children, winning the 1995 Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series.
Gellar was born in New York City. She is the only child of Rosellen (née Greenfield), a nursery school teacher, and Arthur Gellar, a garment worker. Both of her parents were Jewish, though Gellar's family had a Christmas tree during her childhood holidays.
Gellar came to prominence in the late 1990s, landing roles in 1997's horror films I Know What You Did Last Summer and Scream 2. She portrayed Buffy Summers on the WB/UPN TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003), for which she won six Teen Choice Awards, the Saturn Award for Best Genre TV Actress and received a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Actress – Television Series Drama.
She also gained recognition for her performances as Kathryn Merteuil in Cruel Intentions (1999) and Daphne Blake in Scooby-Doo (2002).After Buffy ended, Gellar starred in the films Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004), The Grudge (2004) and its sequel, The Grudge 2 (2006). She had the starring role in the television drama series Ringer, from 2011 to 2012. Gellar stars in the CBS television sitcom The Crazy Ones with Robin Williams.
In 1984, when she was seven, her parents divorced and she was raised by her mother on the city's Upper East Side. She graduated from Fiorello LaGuardia High School of the Performing Arts in 1995. Gellar was estranged from her father until his death from liver cancer on October 9, 2001. In an early 2000s interview, talking about not having a father figure in her early life, she remarked: "I might have been an immaculate conception. You never know. My father, you can just say, is not in the picture. I'm not being deliberately evasive about him, it's just that there's so little to say. He is not a person who exists in my life. Just because you donate sperm does not make you a father. I don't have a father. I would never give him the credit to acknowledge him as my father".
At four, she was spotted by an agent in a restaurant in Uptown Manhattan. Two weeks later, she auditioned for a part in An Invasion of Privacy, a television film starring 'Valerie Harper', 'Carol Kane' and 'Jeff Daniels'. At the audition, Gellar read both her own lines and those of Harper, impressing the directors enough to cast her in the role. She subsequently appeared in a controversial television commercial for Burger King, in which her character criticized McDonald's and claimed to eat only at Burger King. This led to a lawsuit by McDonald's. As a child, Gellar modeled for magazines.
Gellar met her future husband Freddie Prinze, Jr. during filming of the 1997 teen horror film I Know What You Did Last Summer, but the two did not begin dating until 2000. They were engaged in April 2001 and married in Mexico on September 1, 2002 in a ceremony officiated by 'Adam Shankman', a film director and choreographer with whom Gellar had worked on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Gellar's bridesmaid was her closest friend of many years, 'Lindsay Sloane'. Prinze and Gellar also played each other's respective love interests as Fred and Daphne in the 2002 film Scooby-Doo and its sequel, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.
In 2007, Gellar legally changed her name to Sarah Michelle Prinze in honor of the couple's fifth year of marriage.
In 2004, while filming The Grudge in Japan, Gellar visited the Japanese swordsmith Shoji Yoshihara (Kuniie III) and bought a katana from him as a birthday present for her husband. Gellar learned that she needed clearance from the Japanese government to remove the sword from the country and, after eventually succeeding, stated that it was "incredibly difficult" to do.
Gellar and Prinze have two children together: daughter Charlotte Grace Prinze (September 2009), and son Rocky James Prinze (September 2012).
- In addition to liking the Yankees, Knicks and Giants she is also a fan of the Dodgers.
- Is a natural brunette. Dyed her hair blonde for her role in _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv).
- In Los Angeles, she led a viewing of "A Powerful Noise", a documentary about women fighting adversity. Actress 'Natalie Portman' (qv) held another viewing in New York City [6 March 2009].
- Roles she turned down: Juliet in _Romeo + Juliet (1996)_ (qv), because of scheduling conflicts with _"All My Children" (1970)_ (qv). Also due to "All My Children", she was forced to give up a role in _Clueless (1995)_ (qv), which she had really wanted. She also turned down a role in _The Faculty (1998)_ (qv). She was offered the role of Brittany Foster in the _The In Crowd (2000)_ (qv), and 'Portia de Rossi' (qv)'s role in _Who Is Cletis Tout? (2001)_ (qv). She also turned down the lead role in _Stardust (2007)_ (qv).
- Ranked #1 in FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women in the World 1999 and #3 in 2000.
- During the 2001 Teen Choice Awards (August 20, 2001), _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) co-star 'Michelle Trachtenberg' (qv) presented her with the Extraordinary Achievement Award for being a good role model and for her charity work (especially for Habitat for Humanity).
- Ranked #32 on FHM magazine's 100 sexiest women of 2008, which earned her the title of Comback Queen because she wasn't even on the list last year and she had 4 movie screen outings.
- Ranked #39 on FHM magazine's 100 sexiest women of 2009, which earned her the title of Eternal Flame because she's still in the top flight of the list after so many years of being # 1 in 1999.