Mar. 25th, 1965
Nelsonville, Ohio, USA
Sarah Jessica Parker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sarah Jessica Parker (born March 25, 1965), in Nelsonville, Ohio, to parents Stephen Parker and Barbra Forste (who remarried Paul Forste after divorcing Sarah's father). After her mother wed Forste, she had four more children, bringing the total to eight. Parker now had 3 full siblings and 4 half siblings. Trained in singing and ballet, Parker was cast in the Broadway production of The Innocents, which prompted her family to relocate to New Jersey. Already a professional performer (she studied at the American Ballet School and the Professional Children's School), Sarah was cast in The Sound of Music (along with four of her siblings), and landed the lead in the Broadway run of Annie. After a year as the free-spirited orphan, Parker attended Dwight Morrow High School, while continuing to add more credits to her acting resume.
She landed a role in the made-for-TV movie My Body, My Child (1982), before being cast as one of the lead roles in the 1982 sitcom Square Pegs (1982), as high-schooler Patty Green. Once a graduate, Sarah decided to pursue a full-time acting career rather than further her education. Since Square Pegs (1982) didn't last more than a year, Sarah moved on to supporting film roles in movies such as Footloose (1984), Firstborn (1984), and the lead role in the teenage film _Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985). Parker was having lots of fun, although she had yet to land a star-turning role. After more television appearances in series and made-for-TV movies including A Year in the Life (1986), The Room Upstairs (1987) and _Dadah Is Death (1988), Parker finally landed the role of 'Steve Martin's bubbly lover in the 1991 comedy _L.A. Story (1991). More substantial film roles soon followed, starting with a role opposite Nicolas Cage in Honeymoon in Vegas (1992) (which foreshadowed her comedic talent), Hocus Pocus (1993) and Ed Wood (1994). A big Woody Allen fan, she starred opposite the renowned filmmaker in the TV movie The Sunshine Boys (1995) (TV), and that same year, she landed a starring role in Miami Rhapsody (1995). 1996 was a film intensive year with roles in The First Wives Club (1996), If Lucy Fell (1996), and Mars Attacks! (1996). All the while making a name for herself in film, Sarah was gaining respect as a theater actress, with her lead role as a dog (hard to imagine, but true) in the off-Broadway "Sylvia," and her Broadway roles in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" (starring her present husband, Matthew Broderick (I)), and the Tony-Award nominated "Once Upon a Mattress." But Sarah's star has shot up since her portrayal of Manhattan sex-columnist Carrie Bradshaw in the HBO series _"Sex and the City" (1998).
Parker's Golden Globe Best Actress victory in 2000 only underscores the fact that she plays the role of Carrie as though it were literally written for her. Sarah has been happily married to fellow actor Matthew Broderick (I) for quite a while now. Before the marriage, she dated Robert Downey Jr. (who she also lived with), and the late 'John Kennedy Jr.'. When not serving as lead actress and producer of _"Sex and the City" (1998), Sarah is a member of Hollywood's Women's Political Committee, and is UNICEF's representative for the Performing Arts.
- Dated singer/songwriter 'Joshua Kadison' (qv). After the break-up Kadison wrote the song "Jessie" in the early 90s about dealing with the break-up.
- Celebrated her 40th birthday at the Plaza. Among the guests were 'Kyra Sedgwick' (qv), 'Jerry Seinfeld' (qv), 'Chris Noth' (qv), 'Kim Cattrall' (qv), 'Cynthia Nixon' (qv), 'Kristin Davis (I)' (qv) and 'Nathan Lane (I)' (qv).
- After ending her television run of _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv), she negotiated a multi-million dollar contract to do advertisements for The Gap clothing; a brand she never wore once in her entire _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) show!
- (October 28, 2002) Son James Wilkie Broderick born at Lenox Hill Hospital, in Manhattan. He was named after Broderick's father James, and after Wilkie Collins who is a favorite writer of both parents.
- _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) made her a fashion icon to women all over the world due to her extravagant New Yorkian style.
- Was introduced to husband 'Matthew Broderick (I)' (qv) through her brother, 'Timothy Britten Parker' (qv).
- Has a brother, 'Aaron D. Forste' (qv), who is a production assistant on _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv).
- Has a new fragrance, called Lovely