Mar. 25th, 1965
Nelsonville, Ohio, USA
Sarah Jessica Parker's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Did You Hear About The Morgans
2008 - Smart People
2007 - Spinning Into Butter
2006 - Failure to Launch
2005 - The Family Stone
2002 - Life Without Dick
1999 - Dudley Do-Right
1997 - A Life Apart: Hasidism in America
1996 - Mars Attacks!
1996 - If Lucy Fell
1996 - The First Wives Club
1996 - Extreme Measures
1995 - Miami Rhapsody
1994 - Ed Wood
1993 - Hocus Pocus
1993 - Striking Distance
1992 - Honeymoon in Vegas
1991 - L.A. Story
1986 - Flight of the Navigator
1985 - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
1984 - Footloose
1983 - Somewhere, Tomorrow
Guest TV Roles
Kay Ericson Gardner
Herself - Guest Judge
Sarah Jessica Parker (born March 25, 1965), in Nelsonville, Ohio, to parents Stephen Parker and Barbra Forste (who remarried Paul Forste after divorcing Sarah's father). After her mother wed Forste, she had four more children, bringing the total to eight. Parker now had 3 full siblings and 4 half siblings. Trained in singing and ballet, Parker was cast in the Broadway production of The Innocents, which prompted her family to relocate to New Jersey. Already a professional performer (she studied at the American Ballet School and the Professional Children's School), Sarah was cast in The Sound of Music (along with four of her siblings), and landed the lead in the Broadway run of Annie. After a year as the free-spirited orphan, Parker attended Dwight Morrow High School, while continuing to add more credits to her acting resume.
She landed a role in the made-for-TV movie My Body, My Child (1982), before being cast as one of the lead roles in the 1982 sitcom Square Pegs (1982), as high-schooler Patty Green. Once a graduate, Sarah decided to pursue a full-time acting career rather than further her education. Since Square Pegs (1982) didn't last more than a year, Sarah moved on to supporting film roles in movies such as Footloose (1984), Firstborn (1984), and the lead role in the teenage film _Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985). Parker was having lots of fun, although she had yet to land a star-turning role. After more television appearances in series and made-for-TV movies including A Year in the Life (1986), The Room Upstairs (1987) and _Dadah Is Death (1988), Parker finally landed the role of 'Steve Martin's bubbly lover in the 1991 comedy _L.A. Story (1991). More substantial film roles soon followed, starting with a role opposite Nicolas Cage in Honeymoon in Vegas (1992) (which foreshadowed her comedic talent), Hocus Pocus (1993) and Ed Wood (1994). A big Woody Allen fan, she starred opposite the renowned filmmaker in the TV movie The Sunshine Boys (1995) (TV), and that same year, she landed a starring role in Miami Rhapsody (1995). 1996 was a film intensive year with roles in The First Wives Club (1996), If Lucy Fell (1996), and Mars Attacks! (1996). All the while making a name for herself in film, Sarah was gaining respect as a theater actress, with her lead role as a dog (hard to imagine, but true) in the off-Broadway "Sylvia," and her Broadway roles in "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" (starring her present husband, Matthew Broderick (I)), and the Tony-Award nominated "Once Upon a Mattress." But Sarah's star has shot up since her portrayal of Manhattan sex-columnist Carrie Bradshaw in the HBO series _"Sex and the City" (1998).
Parker's Golden Globe Best Actress victory in 2000 only underscores the fact that she plays the role of Carrie as though it were literally written for her. Sarah has been happily married to fellow actor Matthew Broderick (I) for quite a while now. Before the marriage, she dated Robert Downey Jr. (who she also lived with), and the late 'John Kennedy Jr.'. When not serving as lead actress and producer of _"Sex and the City" (1998), Sarah is a member of Hollywood's Women's Political Committee, and is UNICEF's representative for the Performing Arts.
- She grew up having to share clothes with siblings and having only one or two pair of shoes for the entire year. She developed a "shoe fetish" that was also shared by her character on _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv). Parker admitted that she has a closet at her home just for her footwear!
- Twin daughters Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge born via surrogate at East Ohio Regional Hospital. [June 22, 2009].
- Lived with 'Robert Downey Jr.' (qv) from 1984 to 1991.
- Was originally slated to star opposite 'Luke Wilson (I)' (qv) in _Vacancy (2007)_ (qv), but dropped out a few weeks before filming. 'Kate Beckinsale' (qv) stepped in to replace her.
- Was offered the role of Danielle Bowden in _Cape Fear (1991)_ (qv) but turned down the part. The role went to a younger player, 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv).
- Appeared as a special guest star in several episodes of _"Shalom Sesame" (1987)_ (qv), the Israeli version of _"Sesame Street" (1969)_ (qv).
- Attended the School for the Creative and Performing Arts (SCPA) in Cincinnati with 'Rocky Carroll' (qv).
- Is the only one out of the four main female actresses of _"Sex and the City" (1998)_ (qv) not to have done any nudity in the show, because she has a strict no-nudity clause in her contract.