Feb. 16th, 1972
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Sarah Clarke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - The Twilight Saga: Eclipse
2009 - Women in Trouble
2008 - Twilight
2003 - Thirteen
2002 - Emmett's Mark
Guest TV Roles
Clarke was born in St. Louis, Missouri, the daughter of Carolyn, a homemaker, and Ernest Clarke, an engineer. She attended John Burroughs School in St. Louis, Missouri (along with Mad Men star Jon Hamm, who was her prom date), and Indiana University, where she studied Fine Arts and Italian. While a student at IU, Clarke became a member of the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. She was initiated into the Beta chapter in 1990. Clarke first became interested in acting while studying abroad during her senior year in Bologna, Italy. Upon returning to the United States, she began studying architectural photography. She received free acting lessons in return for taking photographs of a cultural arts center, and she studied acting at Circle in the Square Theatre School, Axis Theater Company, and The Willow Cabin Theatre Company.
- She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. She was initiated into the Beta (Indiana) chapter in 1990.
- A native of St. Louis, Missouri, she began acting in the theatre while working as an architectural photographer. In her first short film, _Pas de deux (2000/I)_ (qv), she won an Outstanding Performance award at the Brooklyn Film Festival.
- Her mother, Carolyn, is a homemaker and her father, Ernest Clarke, is an engineer.
- Both she and her husband, actor 'Xander Berkeley' (qv), have played turncoat government agents who help terrorists attempt to kill the President of the United States. Clarke on the TV series _"24" (2001)_ (qv), and Berkeley in the movie _Air Force One (1997)_ (qv).
- Attended Indiana University, where she studied Fine Arts and Italian.
- She was the actress in the award-winning VW Jetta commercial, "Synchronicity."
- Daughter Olwyn Harper was born on September 23rd 2006.
- Appeared with husband 'Xander Berkeley' (qv) on _"24" (2001)_ (qv) during the first two seasons, although they rarely shared a scene. They got married little less than two months before the premiere of season two.