Aug. 27th, 1976
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sarah Chalke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Mama's Boy
Guest TV Roles
Marie Antoinette (Voiced)
Herself - Panelist
Harold's Wife (Voiced)
Sarah Chalke was born on 27 August 1976, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Her parents are Angie and Doug Chalke. She is the middle child, having one older sister, and one younger. Sarah made her debut in acting, in a made-for-TV movie City Boy (1992) (TV). In 1993, after her first film, she auditioned for the role of Becky on the TV series "Roseanne" (1988). The show was looking for a replacement after Alicia Goranson quit the show to go to college. Sarah graduated from High School in 1995, while shooting the 1994-1995 season of "Roseanne" (1988). Also in 1994, Sarah co-starred in the film Ernest Goes to School (1994) along with Jim Varney. Then in 1996, she starred in 2 films, including Robin of Locksley (1996) (TV), and also Stand Against Fear (1996) (TV), where she played a cheerleader, Krista Wilson. In 1998, a year after "Roseanne" (1988) ended, Sarah was asked to act in a show called "Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy" (1998). The show was based on the TV movie with the same name, which Sarah was also in.
- She has dogs named Harley and Tankers.
- (1993-1997) Played older sister of 'Sara Gilbert' (qv) on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv), but is younger in real life.
- Is fluent in French and German.
- Has a younger sister named Piper.
- She volunteers at a hospice for terminally ill children and works for the 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv) Children's Fund.
- She became a naturalized American citizen in April 2008.
- Since her mother is from Germany, Sarah visited a German school in Vancouver twice a week as a child.
- Her first on-camera kiss was in the 1992 movie _City Boy (1992) (TV)_ (qv), shot at Lighthouse Park in Vancouver.