Aug. 27th, 1976
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sarah Chalke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sarah Chalke (born August 27, 1976), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Her parents are Angie and Doug Chalke. She is the middle child, having one older sister, and one younger. Sarah made her debut in acting, in a made-for-TV movie City Boy (1992). In 1993, after her first film, she auditioned for the role of Becky on the TV series Roseanne (1988). The show was looking for a replacement after Alicia Goranson quit the show to go to college. Sarah graduated from High School in 1995, while shooting the 1994-1995 season of Roseanne. Also in 1994, Sarah co-starred in the film Ernest Goes to School (1994) along with Jim Varney. Then in 1996, she starred in 2 films, including Robin of Locksley (1996), and also Stand Against Fear (1996), where she played a cheerleader, Krista Wilson. In 1998, a year after Roseanne ended, Sarah was asked to act in a show called Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy (1998). The show was based on the TV movie with the same name, which Sarah was also in.
- When she was a few credits short of a college degree, she decided to commit to acting full time.
- Best health habit is wearing sunscreen every day. Lost her aunt to melanoma and her grandmother to cancer.
- (13 September, 1999) Attended the 1999 CCMA award ceremony, and presented an award for the best single of the year.
- Close friend with _"Scrubs" (2001)_ (qv) co-star 'Zach Braff' (qv).
- She is vegetarian. Initially her father was not, but he eventually gave in due to family pressure.
- She volunteers at a hospice for terminally ill children and works for the 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv) Children's Fund.
- Her first on-camera kiss was in the 1992 movie _City Boy (1992) (TV)_ (qv), shot at Lighthouse Park in Vancouver.
- Took over the role of Becky on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv) from 'Alicia Goranson' (qv) in 1993.