Aug. 27th, 1976
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sarah Chalke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sarah Chalke (born August 27, 1976), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Her parents are Angie and Doug Chalke. She is the middle child, having one older sister, and one younger. Sarah made her debut in acting, in a made-for-TV movie City Boy (1992). In 1993, after her first film, she auditioned for the role of Becky on the TV series Roseanne (1988). The show was looking for a replacement after Alicia Goranson quit the show to go to college. Sarah graduated from High School in 1995, while shooting the 1994-1995 season of Roseanne. Also in 1994, Sarah co-starred in the film Ernest Goes to School (1994) along with Jim Varney. Then in 1996, she starred in 2 films, including Robin of Locksley (1996), and also Stand Against Fear (1996), where she played a cheerleader, Krista Wilson. In 1998, a year after Roseanne ended, Sarah was asked to act in a show called Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy (1998). The show was based on the TV movie with the same name, which Sarah was also in.
- Played 'Markie Post' (qv)'s daughter in the horror film _I've Been Waiting for You (1998) (TV)_ (qv) and Post also plays her mom as a guest star on Sarah's sitcom, _"Scrubs" (2001)_ (qv).
- (2001) Said she would like to take a break from acting and attend college.
- Took over the role of Becky on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv) from 'Alicia Goranson' (qv) in 1993.
- Sarah grew up in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- In her leisure time, Chalke prefers cooking with friends (especially Thai and sushi), playing the guitar, hiking, skiing (she's an instructor), snowboarding, kayaking and reading.
- (13 September, 1999) Attended the 1999 CCMA award ceremony, and presented an award for the best single of the year.
- (December 2006) Engaged to entertainment lawyer Jaime Afifi.
- Appeared in local Vancouver theater productions, at age 8.