Aug. 27th, 1976
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sarah Chalke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sarah Chalke (born August 27, 1976), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Her parents are Angie and Doug Chalke. She is the middle child, having one older sister, and one younger. Sarah made her debut in acting, in a made-for-TV movie City Boy (1992). In 1993, after her first film, she auditioned for the role of Becky on the TV series Roseanne (1988). The show was looking for a replacement after Alicia Goranson quit the show to go to college. Sarah graduated from High School in 1995, while shooting the 1994-1995 season of Roseanne. Also in 1994, Sarah co-starred in the film Ernest Goes to School (1994) along with Jim Varney. Then in 1996, she starred in 2 films, including Robin of Locksley (1996), and also Stand Against Fear (1996), where she played a cheerleader, Krista Wilson. In 1998, a year after Roseanne ended, Sarah was asked to act in a show called Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy (1998). The show was based on the TV movie with the same name, which Sarah was also in.
- Her father is a lawyer and both her parents are mediators who also run a child adoption agency. Two years ago, she accompanied her parents to China to coordinate the adoption of several orphans there.
- (2001) Said she would like to take a break from acting and attend college.
- She has a brown Labrador named Lola, which the _"Scrubs" (2001)_ (qv) cast bought her at a charity auction.
- Can write with her toes.
- Close friend with actresses 'Christa Miller' (qv) and 'Nicole Sullivan (I)' (qv).
- Her first on-camera kiss was in the 1992 movie _City Boy (1992) (TV)_ (qv), shot at Lighthouse Park in Vancouver.
- She has dogs named Harley and Tankers.
- (December 2006) Engaged to entertainment lawyer Jaime Afifi.