Aug. 27th, 1976
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Sarah Chalke's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Sarah Chalke (born August 27, 1976), Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Her parents are Angie and Doug Chalke. She is the middle child, having one older sister, and one younger. Sarah made her debut in acting, in a made-for-TV movie City Boy (1992). In 1993, after her first film, she auditioned for the role of Becky on the TV series Roseanne (1988). The show was looking for a replacement after Alicia Goranson quit the show to go to college. Sarah graduated from High School in 1995, while shooting the 1994-1995 season of Roseanne. Also in 1994, Sarah co-starred in the film Ernest Goes to School (1994) along with Jim Varney. Then in 1996, she starred in 2 films, including Robin of Locksley (1996), and also Stand Against Fear (1996), where she played a cheerleader, Krista Wilson. In 1998, a year after Roseanne ended, Sarah was asked to act in a show called Nothing Too Good for a Cowboy (1998). The show was based on the TV movie with the same name, which Sarah was also in.
- She is vegetarian. Initially her father was not, but he eventually gave in due to family pressure.
- (1993-1997) Played older sister of 'Sara Gilbert' (qv) on _"Roseanne" (1988)_ (qv), but is younger in real life.
- She has dogs named Harley and Tankers.
- She and her fiancÚ Jaime Afifi are expecting their first child this coming winter.
- Played 'Markie Post' (qv)'s daughter in the horror film _I've Been Waiting for You (1998) (TV)_ (qv) and Post also plays her mom as a guest star on Sarah's sitcom, _"Scrubs" (2001)_ (qv).
- She volunteers at a hospice for terminally ill children and works for the 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv) Children's Fund.
- Has an older sister named Natasha.
- Has a younger sister named Piper.