Jan. 29th, 1975
Santa Monica, California, USA
Sara Gilbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Laws of Attraction
2001 - Riding in Cars with Boys
2000 - High Fidelity
1999 - Light It Up
1999 - The Big Tease
1992 - Poison Ivy
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Host
Sara Gilbert was born on January 29, 1975, as Sara Rebecca Abeles at St. John's Hospital and Health Center in Santa Monica, California, to Harold and Barbara Abeles. Barbara was previously married to the late Paul Gilbert (II). At the age of six, when Sara saw her sister Melissa Gilbert (I) get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, she told her mother that she wanted to be an actress, too. A string of commercials and, in 1984, an appearance in the CBS TV movie Calamity Jane (1984) (TV), led her to adopt the Gilbert family name. After failing to get the new "The Facts of Life" (1979) show, she eventually found success with "Roseanne" (1988). Sara spent a total of nine years on that show and was given time to be able to study at Yale University, graduating with honors in 1997. Aside from "Roseanne" (1988), she has provided the voice of "Laura Powers" on "The Simpsons" (1989), and starred in several movies including Sudie and Simpson (1990) (TV), Poison Ivy (1992) and Light It Up (1999).
- Daughter of 'Barbara Cowan' (qv) and Harold Abeles.
- Though she was born Jewish, she explores all kinds of philosophies and disciplines including siddha yoga.
- Half-sister of 'Melissa Gilbert (I)' (qv) and 'Jonathan Gilbert (I)' (qv)
- Granddaughter of comedy writer 'Harry Crane (I)' (qv).
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Bo Brinkman' (qv).
- Announced she is pregnant, due fall 2007. This is the second child for Sara and her partner, 'Allison Adler' (qv).
- Grandparents: Julia and Harry Crane
- Began acting in commercials.