Jul. 26th, 1964
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Sandra Bullock's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Blind Side
2009 - All About Steve
2009 - The Proposal
2006 - Infamous
2006 - The Lake House
2004 - Crash
2002 - Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
2002 - Two Weeks Notice
2002 - Murder by Numbers
2000 - 28 Days
2000 - Miss Congeniality
2000 - Gun Shy
1999 - Forces of Nature
1998 - The Prince of Egypt
1998 - Hope Floats
1998 - Practical Magic
1997 - Speed 2: Cruise Control
1996 - Two If by Sea
1996 - A Time to Kill
1996 - In Love and War
1995 - While You Were Sleeping
1995 - The Net
1994 - Speed
1993 - Demolition Man
1993 - The Thing Called Love
1993 - The Vanishing
1993 - Wrestling Ernest Hemingway
1992 - Love Potion No. 9
1987 - Hangmen
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Sandra Annette Bullock (born July 26, 1964) is an American actress and producer. Bullock rose to fame in the 1990s with roles in films such as Demolition Man (1993), Speed (1994), The Net (1995), While You Were Sleeping (1995), A Time to Kill (1996), and Hope Floats (1998). In the new millennium, she starred in Miss Congeniality (2000), Two Weeks Notice (2002), The Lake House (2006), and the critically acclaimed Crash (2004). In 2007, she was ranked as the 14th richest woman in the entertainment industry with an estimated fortune of US$85 million.
In 2009, Bullock starred in two of the more financially successful films of her career, The Proposal and The Blind Side. Bullock was awarded the Broadcast Film Critics Association Award for Best Actress, Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role, Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Drama, and the Academy Award for Best Actress for her role as Leigh Anne Tuohy in The Blind Side. Bullock had initially turned down the role of Leigh Anne Tuohy three times due to a discomfort with portraying a devout Christian.
She is listed in the 2012 edition of the Guinness Book Of World Records as the highest-paid actress, with $56 million. In 2013, she starred in The Heat and Gravity, the latter being released on October 4, 2013 to coincide with the beginning of World Space Week to rave reviews. As one of the highest grossing films of the year, Gravity is her most successful film critically and commercially. The Blind Side, The Proposal, The Heat and Gravity, grossed over $150 million each, make her the most bankable star in Hollywood today.
Bullock was born in Arlington, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, D.C. Her father, John W. Bullock (born 1925), was a United States Army employee and part-time voice coach; her mother, Helga Mathilde Meyer (1942–2000), was an opera singer and voice teacher. Bullock's father was from Birmingham, Alabama, and had English, Irish, German, and French ancestry, while Bullock's mother was German. Bullock's maternal grandfather was a rocket scientist from Nuremberg, Germany. Bullock's father, then in charge of the Army's Military Postal Service in Europe, was stationed in Nuremberg when he met his wife. They married in Germany and moved to Arlington, where John worked with the Army Materiel Command, before becoming a contractor for The Pentagon. Bullock has a younger sister, Gesine Bullock-Prado, who was formerly the vice-president of Bullock's production company Fortis Films, and is now a pastry chef in Vermont.
As a child, Bullock frequently accompanied her mother on European opera tours. She spent time in Salzburg and Nuremberg, where she stayed with her aunt and grandmother and became fluent in German. Bullock studied ballet and vocal arts as a child, taking small parts in her mother's opera productions. She sang in the operas children's choir at the Staatstheater Nürnberg.
The scar above her left eye was caused when she fell into a creek as a child. Bullock attended Washington-Lee High School, where she was a cheerleader and performed in high school theater productions. After graduating in 1982, she attended East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina, where she received a degree in drama in 1986. She then moved to Manhattan and supported herself as a bartender, cocktail waitress, and coat checker while auditioning for roles.
Bullock was once engaged to actor 'Tate Donovan', whom she met while filming Love Potion No. 9; their relationship lasted three years. She previously dated football player 'Troy Aikman', and actors 'Matthew McConaughey' and 'Ryan Gosling'.
Bullock married motorcycle builder and Monster Garage host Jesse James (July 16, 2005). They first met when Bullock arranged for her ten-year-old godson to meet James as a Christmas present. In November 2009, Bullock and James entered into a custody battle with James' second ex-wife, former pornographic actress 'Janine Lindemulder', with whom James had a child. Bullock and James subsequently won full legal custody of James' five-year-old daughter.
In March 2010, a scandal arose when several women claimed to have had affairs with James during his marriage to Bullock. On March 18, 2010, James responded to the rumors of infidelity by issuing a public apology to Bullock. However on April 28, 2010, it was reported that Bullock had filed for divorce (April 23, 2010) in Austin. Their divorce was finalized (June 28, 2010).
Bullock adopted a baby boy named Louis Bardot Bullock from New Orleans, Louisiana (April 2010).
- Often said to be one of the last actors to have studied with the great teacher 'Sanford Meisner' (qv), who trained 'Robert Duvall' (qv), 'Diane Keaton' (qv) and 'Joanne Woodward (I)' (qv) at the Neighborhood Playhouse. Sandra most likely did not work with the great man himself but with a number of actors who did: Ron Stetson, Richard Pinter and Dan Biehn, the latter taught her at East Carolina University.
- Donated $1 million to the American Red Cross after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in 2001. Did the same, again donating $1 million to the Red Cross, after the tsunami- disaster in Asia in 2004.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated her earnings for the year at $10 million.
- (1996) Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the world
- With her newest movie, _Premonition (2007/I)_ (qv), she has now played the love interest of both starts of _"Nip/Tuck" (2003)_ (qv). She previously played the girlfriend of 'Dylan Walsh' (qv)'s character in _The Lake House (2006)_ (qv) and she is married to 'Julian McMahon' (qv) in _Premonition (2007/I)_ (qv).
- Stepmother of 'Jesse James (VII)' (qv)' children Chandler, Jesse Jr. and Sunny.
- Is from the same Metro Area as 'Martin Lawrence (I)' (qv), 'Dave Chappelle' (qv), 'Mya (I)' (qv), 'Regina Hall (I)' (qv), 'Alan Heitz' (qv) and 'Dwayne Winstead' (qv).
- Replaced 'Lori Petty' (qv) in _Demolition Man (1993)_ (qv).