Dec. 21st, 1948
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
6' 2 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Ad Narrator (Voiced)
Samuel L. Jackson usually played bad guys and drug addicts before becoming an action hero, as the character Mitch Henessey, in The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996) and in Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995). From character player to leading man. His performance in Pulp Fiction (1994) gave him an Oscar nomination for his character Jules Winnfield. He was active in the black student movement. In the seventies he joined the Negro Ensemble Company (together with Morgan Freeman (I)). In the eighties he became well known by three movies made by Spike Lee - Do the Right Thing (1989), Mo' Better Blues (1990) and Jungle Fever (1991). He received a Silver Berlin Bear for his part in the movie Jackie Brown (1997) as Ordell Robbi.
- Hosted the _1998 MTV Movie Awards (1998) (TV)_ (qv).
- Daughter - 'Zoè Jackson' (qv) (b. 1982).
- In real life was once a NY highrise doorman, in "1408" (2007) was a NY highrise manager.
- Lives in Los Angeles.
- Was member of the dramatic jury at the Sundance Film Festival in 1995.
- (October 1997) Ranked #44 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list.
- Was offered his role in _Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)_ (qv) after mentioning in an interview on UK TV show _"TFI Friday" (1996)_ (qv) that he'd really like to work with 'George Lucas (I)' (qv).