May. 12th, 1970
Manhattan, New York, USA
Samantha Mathis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Buried
2010 - Order of Chaos
2009 - The New Daughter
2006 - Local Color
2006 - Believe in me
2005 - Kids in America
2004 - The Punisher
2000 - American Psycho
1996 - Broken Arrow
1995 - The American President
1995 - Jack & Sarah
1995 - How To Make An American Quilt
1994 - Little Women
1993 - Super Mario Bros.
1993 - The Thing Called Love
1992 - FernGully: The Last Rainforest
1992 - This Is My Life
1990 - Pump up the Volume
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Christine Ansel
Samantha Mathis was born in New York in 1970 to Bibi Besch, an aspiring actress at the time. Her first acting job was in a commercial for baby products with her mother. Since her parents divorced when she was only three years old, Samantha was very exposed to the acting industry from a very young age, which made her almost destined to become an actress. Samantha's first feature film was Pump Up the Volume (1990) opposite her on- and off-screen love at the time, Christian Slater. This movie also marked her first topless scene, but Samantha has now grown up and moved on to more demanding roles, such as the part of Terry Carmichael in the action-packed film Broken Arrow (1996).
- Younger half-brother and half-sister appeared as extras in _Super Mario Bros. (1993)_ (qv). Younger half-brother aspires to be a film director.
- Launched a successful on-line flora design firm called Succulent LA with designer and partner 'Ryann Davis' (qv). Five percent of the proceeds go to the Green Coast Foundation.
- Dated co-star 'Christian Slater' (qv) during _Pump Up the Volume (1990)_ (qv).
- Dated 'River Phoenix' (qv) during _The Thing Called Love (1993)_ (qv).
- Accompanied 'River Phoenix' (qv) to The Viper Room on the night he died.
- Read for the role of Susannah in 'Legends of the Fall' and was considered, by Spielberg, for the role of Tinkerbell in 'Hook'.
- Friend of 'Sandra Bullock' (qv).
- Played a victim of 'John Travolta' (qv) in _The Punisher (2004)_ (qv). Previously, she played the love interest of the main hero in _Broken Arrow (1996)_ (qv), in which the villain was also played by Travolta.