Sep. 14th, 1947
Omagh, Northern Ireland, UK
Sam Neill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nigel John Dermot "Sam" Neill, DCNZM, OBE is a Northern Irish-born New Zealand actor who first achieved leading roles in films such as Omen III: The Final Conflict and Dead Calm and on television in Reilly, Ace of Spies.
- Born to Dermot Neill, a New Zealand army officer, and his English wife Priscilla.
- His vineyard is in the Gibbston Valley, Otago. His wine is a Pinot Noir called Two Paddocks.
- He is a big fan of 'The Beach Boys' (qv).
- One of the original candidates for the fourth and fifth actor to portray James Bond - 007 in _The Living Daylights (1987)_ (qv) and _GoldenEye (1995)_ (qv). 'Timothy Dalton' (qv) and 'Pierce Brosnan' (qv) ended up as James Bond, respectively.
- Moved to New Zealand at age 7.
- Was considered for the role of the villainous "Doc Ock" in _Spider-Man 2 (2004)_ (qv). His wife ended up as the principal make-up & hair stylist for 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv) in the movie.
- He has homes in Beverly Hills, Sydney and New Zealand.
- Montana is a recurring element in his films: in _The Hunt for Red October (1990)_ (qv) he wants to live in Montana; in _The Horse Whisperer (1998)_ (qv) he goes to Montana to find with his wife; in _Jurassic Park (1993)_ (qv) he is digging up fossils in Montana.