Sep. 14th, 1947
Omagh, Northern Ireland, UK
Guest TV Roles
Citytrans World CEO
Dr. Bruce Chandler
Dr. William Weir
Dr. Alan Grant
Himself - Audience Member
Nigel John Dermot "Sam" Neill, DCNZM, OBE is a Northern Irish-born New Zealand actor who first achieved leading roles in films such as Omen III: The Final Conflict and Dead Calm and on television in Reilly, Ace of Spies.
- He is a big fan of 'The Beach Boys' (qv).
- He is one of the three founders of Huntaway Films, along with his good friends 'John Clarke (II)' (qv) and 'Jay Cassells' (qv).
- Good friends with musicians 'Neil Finn' (qv), 'Tim Finn (I)' (qv) and 'Jimmy Barnes (II)' (qv).
- Owns a winery, Two Paddocks, in the Central Otago region of New Zealand. It was started in 1993.
- Montana is a recurring element in his films: in _The Hunt for Red October (1990)_ (qv) he wants to live in Montana; in _The Horse Whisperer (1998)_ (qv) he goes to Montana to find with his wife; in _Jurassic Park (1993)_ (qv) he is digging up fossils in Montana.
- "Best Actor on British Television" for _"Reilly: The Ace of Spies" (1983)_, Australian Film Institute Award "Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role" for Evil Angels (aka _Cry in the Dark (1988)_).
- His vineyard is in the Gibbston Valley, Otago. His wine is a Pinot Noir called Two Paddocks.
- Awarded the O.B.E. for Service to Acting (1993).