Sep. 14th, 1947
Omagh, Northern Ireland, UK
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Citytrans World CEO
Dr. Bruce Chandler
Himself - Audience Member
Dr. William Weir
Dr. Alan Grant
Nigel John Dermot "Sam" Neill, DCNZM, OBE is a Northern Irish-born New Zealand actor who first achieved leading roles in films such as Omen III: The Final Conflict and Dead Calm and on television in Reilly, Ace of Spies.
- Met wife 'Noriko Watanabe (I)' (qv) on the set of _Dead Calm (1989)_ (qv), where she worked as a make-up artist.
- Montana is a recurring element in his films: in _The Hunt for Red October (1990)_ (qv) he wants to live in Montana; in _The Horse Whisperer (1998)_ (qv) he goes to Montana to find with his wife; in _Jurassic Park (1993)_ (qv) he is digging up fossils in Montana.
- Moved to New Zealand at age 7.
- Good friends with musicians 'Neil Finn' (qv), 'Tim Finn (I)' (qv) and 'Jimmy Barnes (II)' (qv).
- He is a big fan of 'The Beach Boys' (qv).
- "Best Actor on British Television" for _"Reilly: The Ace of Spies" (1983)_, Australian Film Institute Award "Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role" for Evil Angels (aka _Cry in the Dark (1988)_).
- One of the original candidates for the fourth and fifth actor to portray James Bond - 007 in _The Living Daylights (1987)_ (qv) and _GoldenEye (1995)_ (qv). 'Timothy Dalton' (qv) and 'Pierce Brosnan' (qv) ended up as James Bond, respectively.
- Studied at the University of Canterbury and at the Victoria University in Wellington, from which he graduated with a BA in English Literature.