Sep. 14th, 1947
Omagh, Northern Ireland, UK
Guest TV Roles
Citytrans World CEO
Dr. Bruce Chandler
Dr. Alan Grant
Himself - Audience Member
Nigel John Dermot "Sam" Neill, DCNZM, OBE is a Northern Irish-born New Zealand actor who first achieved leading roles in films such as Omen III: The Final Conflict and Dead Calm and on television in Reilly, Ace of Spies.
- One son, 'Tim Neill' (qv) (b.1983), with 'Lisa Harrow' (qv), a daughter 'Elena Neill' (qv) with 'Noriko Watanabe (I)' (qv), and a step-daughter Maiko.
- Met wife 'Noriko Watanabe (I)' (qv) on the set of _Dead Calm (1989)_ (qv), where she worked as a make-up artist.
- "Best Actor on British Television" for _"Reilly: The Ace of Spies" (1983)_, Australian Film Institute Award "Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role" for Evil Angels (aka _Cry in the Dark (1988)_).
- He has homes in Beverly Hills, Sydney and New Zealand.
- His vineyard is in the Gibbston Valley, Otago. His wine is a Pinot Noir called Two Paddocks.
- He is one of the three founders of Huntaway Films, along with his good friends 'John Clarke (II)' (qv) and 'Jay Cassells' (qv).
- Born to Dermot Neill, a New Zealand army officer, and his English wife Priscilla.
- One of the original candidates for the fourth and fifth actor to portray James Bond - 007 in _The Living Daylights (1987)_ (qv) and _GoldenEye (1995)_ (qv). 'Timothy Dalton' (qv) and 'Pierce Brosnan' (qv) ended up as James Bond, respectively.