Sep. 14th, 1947
Omagh, Northern Ireland, UK
Sam Neill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nigel John Dermot "Sam" Neill, DCNZM, OBE is a Northern Irish-born New Zealand actor who first achieved leading roles in films such as Omen III: The Final Conflict and Dead Calm and on television in Reilly, Ace of Spies.
- He has homes in Beverly Hills, Sydney and New Zealand.
- He is one of the three founders of Huntaway Films, along with his good friends 'John Clarke (II)' (qv) and 'Jay Cassells' (qv).
- He is a big fan of 'The Beach Boys' (qv).
- His vineyard is in the Gibbston Valley, Otago. His wine is a Pinot Noir called Two Paddocks.
- Good friends with musicians 'Neil Finn' (qv), 'Tim Finn (I)' (qv) and 'Jimmy Barnes (II)' (qv).
- "Best Actor on British Television" for _"Reilly: The Ace of Spies" (1983)_, Australian Film Institute Award "Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role" for Evil Angels (aka _Cry in the Dark (1988)_).
- Studied at the University of Canterbury and at the Victoria University in Wellington, from which he graduated with a BA in English Literature.
- Born to Dermot Neill, a New Zealand army officer, and his English wife Priscilla.