Sep. 14th, 1947
Omagh, Northern Ireland, UK
Sam Neill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Nigel John Dermot "Sam" Neill, DCNZM, OBE is a Northern Irish-born New Zealand actor who first achieved leading roles in films such as Omen III: The Final Conflict and Dead Calm and on television in Reilly, Ace of Spies.
- Was considered for the role of the villainous "Doc Ock" in _Spider-Man 2 (2004)_ (qv). His wife ended up as the principal make-up & hair stylist for 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv) in the movie.
- Moved to New Zealand at age 7.
- Awarded the O.B.E. for Service to Acting (1993).
- One of the original candidates for the fourth and fifth actor to portray James Bond - 007 in _The Living Daylights (1987)_ (qv) and _GoldenEye (1995)_ (qv). 'Timothy Dalton' (qv) and 'Pierce Brosnan' (qv) ended up as James Bond, respectively.
- Born to Dermot Neill, a New Zealand army officer, and his English wife Priscilla.
- His vineyard is in the Gibbston Valley, Otago. His wine is a Pinot Noir called Two Paddocks.
- Met wife 'Noriko Watanabe (I)' (qv) on the set of _Dead Calm (1989)_ (qv), where she worked as a make-up artist.
- One son, 'Tim Neill' (qv) (b.1983), with 'Lisa Harrow' (qv), a daughter 'Elena Neill' (qv) with 'Noriko Watanabe (I)' (qv), and a step-daughter Maiko.