Oct. 4th, 1957
Queens, New York, USA
Russell Simmons' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - How to Make Money Selling Drugs
2013 - The Muslims Are Coming!
2008 - 2 Turntables and a Microphone
2006 - Hip-Hop: Beyond Beats & Rhymes
2006 - The Hip Hop Project
2003 - Beef
2003 - Beef
2002 - Brown Sugar
1985 - Krush Groove
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Customer
Himself - Guest
Russell Wendell Simmons (born October 4, 1957) is an American entrepreneur, the co-founder, with Rick Rubin, of the pioneering hip-hop label Def Jam, and creator of the clothing fashion lines Phat Farm, Argyleculture, and American Classics.
Russell Simmons is the younger brother of Daniel Simmons, Jr., and he is the older brother of Rev. Joseph Simmons, better known as "Run" of Run-DMC, and son of Daniel Simmons, Sr, a public school administrator and Evelyn Simmons, a New York City park administrator. His brother Daniel Simmons, Jr., is an accomplished abstract artist.
Russell Simmons is the third richest figure in hip-hop, having a net-worth estimate of $340 million.
- Second daughter, Aoki Lee, was born on August 16, 2002. Her mother is 'Kimora Lee' (qv).
- Brother of 'Daniel J. Simmons' (qv).
- 'Tyra Banks' (qv) is the godmother of his daughter Ming Lee
- Son of 'Daniel Simmons (I)' (qv)
- Older brother of Rev Run ('Joseph Simmons' (qv)) of the hip-hop group 'Run-D.M.C.' (qv).
- Passed up on signing 'Madonna' (qv) to his Def Jam Recordings in the early 1980s.
- He and 'Kimora Lee' (qv) were married in St. Bart's by his brother, Rev. 'Joseph Simmons' (qv) (aka "Run" of 'Run-D.M.C.' (qv)).
- Co-founded Def Jam Recordings with 'Rick Rubin' (qv) in 1984.