Jan. 12th, 1951
Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA
Rush Limbaugh's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Brother of columnist 'David Limbaugh' (qv).
- His mother, Millie (Armstrong) Limbaugh, was considered the "first lady" of their hometown, Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Millie passed away March 3, 2000. After her death it was revealed that Rush had temporarily moved back to Cape Girardeau to take care of his mother. He broadcast his radio show from her kitchen and had all callers forwarded to a local phone line without any delay.
- The anti-union "Rush Act" in the _"Babylon 5" (1994)_ (qv) episode "By Any Means Necessary" (1994) is named after him.
- Raised a record $1.7 million-plus for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of America in his annual Cure-a-Thon, in addition to his personal donation of a quarter of a million dollars.
- (June 11, 2004) Announces that he and his third wife of ten years, the former Marta Fitzgerald, are seeking a divorce for personal reasons.
- Once forgot to bring out ball for first ball ceremony prior to a Kansas City Royals game. Asked for a ball and dozens of baseballs went hurling in his general direction.
- Has negatively referred to 'Louis Farrakhan' (qv) as "Calypso Louie" because Farrakhan once had a career as a musician.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $33 million.