Sep. 12th, 1978
Frankfurt, West Germany
Ruben Studdard's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Season 15 Contestant
- Got a record deal with J records
- Recognized by the 2004, 46th Annual Grammy Awards held on February 8, 2004 at the Los Angeles Staples Center and broadcast live on the CBS TV Network. He was nominated for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Superstar", but lost to Luther Vandross for "Dance With My Father".
- Beat 'Clay Aiken' (qv) to win American Idol 2003.
- Currently signed to with J Records.
- In 'Ricky Acker' (qv)'s 2003 film _Night and Day (2003)_ (qv), there is a scene where the bum is harassing Craig and this was shot carefully around the arrival of Ruben's guests for his 25th birthday party at the Birmingham Museum of Art. A multi-colored "RS" is visible several times in the background of the scene on the museum wall.
- Brother of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, the biggest music fraternity in the United States.
- Was considered for the role of "Fat Albert". He was later passed over in favor of 'Kenan Thompson' (qv).
- Runs three times a week on a treadmill to build endurance.