Sep. 12th, 1978
Frankfurt, West Germany
Ruben Studdard's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- At his first audition for "American Idol", he sang 'Luther Vandross' (qv)' "Superstar".
- In 'Ricky Acker' (qv)'s 2003 film _Night and Day (2003)_ (qv), there is a scene where the bum is harassing Craig and this was shot carefully around the arrival of Ruben's guests for his 25th birthday party at the Birmingham Museum of Art. A multi-colored "RS" is visible several times in the background of the scene on the museum wall.
- His post-Idol single, which later appeared on his album Soulful, "Flying Without WIngs" climbed as high as the #2 spot on the US charts.
- Recognized by the 2004, 46th Annual Grammy Awards held on February 8, 2004 at the Los Angeles Staples Center and broadcast live on the CBS TV Network. He was nominated for Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "Superstar", but lost to Luther Vandross for "Dance With My Father".
- Brother of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, the biggest music fraternity in the United States.
- Beat 'Clay Aiken' (qv) to win American Idol 2003.
- Got a record deal with J records
- Was considered for the role of "Fat Albert". He was later passed over in favor of 'Kenan Thompson' (qv).