80 (passed away Apr. 24th, 2007)
Feb. 9th, 1927
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Joined the U.S. Navy at age 17 during WWII and served on a destroyer in the Pacific.
- Played football for UCLA, then professionally for the Calgary Stampeders and the Montreal Alouettes.
- Had an affinity for the ocean -- fishing, camping, diving.
- Born in Calgary, Canada, but moved to Los Angeles with his mother and brother George at age 7 and attended South Gate High School.
- A former UCLA footballer, he earned a BA in geography at UCLA in 1951 before going on to play pro football for Canada.
- Doubled for 'Robert Mitchum' (qv).
- While playing professional football in Canada (Calgary Stampeders, B.C. Lions), he was utilized as a stunt double for _River of No Return (1954)_ (qv) starring 'Robert Mitchum' (qv). Moved to Hollywood thereafter to do stunt work and eventually took on a number of bit roles.
- Was a Western All-Star in the Canadian Football League in 1954.
Related sites for this celeb