Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- Rosie attended Sawmill Junior High School in Commack, New York.
- Started out doing stand-up comedy.
- Has said that she will never have biological children because of a family history of alcoholism and cancer. She plans to adopt more children, and is also becoming a certified foster parent (as of December 1999).
- TV special she co-hosted on Nickelodeon - "Nick News Special Edition: My Family is Different" -logged some 100,000 e-mails and calls in protest about its gay-parenting content, before the show even aired 18 June 2002. The campaign was reportedly organized by the Traditional Values Coalition. 'Linda Ellerbee' (qv) produced and also hosted.
- Has a very big toy collection, especially McDonald's Happy Meal toys.
- Is good friends with Penny Marshall.
- Once owned and lived in the late 'Helen Hayes (I)' (qv)'s former home in Nyack, New York.
- Took the role in _Exit to Eden (1994)_ (qv) after learning that 'Sharon Stone (I)' (qv) had turned it down.