Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2000 - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
1999 - Tarzan
1998 - Wide Awake
1996 - A Very Brady Sequel
1996 - Harriet the Spy
1996 - Beautiful Girls
1995 - Now and Then
1994 - Car 54, Where Are You?
1994 - The Flintstones
1993 - Another Stakeout
1993 - Sleepless in Seattle
1993 - Fatal Instinct
1992 - A League of Their Own
Guest TV Roles
Judge Madeline Summers
Herself - Host
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- Took the role in _Exit to Eden (1994)_ (qv) after learning that 'Sharon Stone (I)' (qv) had turned it down.
- Has said that she will never have biological children because of a family history of alcoholism and cancer. She plans to adopt more children, and is also becoming a certified foster parent (as of December 1999).
- Big 'Tom Cruise' (qv) fan.
- Attended Commack High School South, the same high school as sportscaster 'Bob Costas' (qv).
- Voted most popular in her high school class.
- Won $20,000 on _"Star Search" (1983)_ (qv).
- Appeared as a lifeline on _"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" (1999/I)_ (qv), correctly answering the question, and helping the contestant win $32,000. She later invited the contestant onto her show, and gave him a week-long trip to London, England, UK.
- Rosie attended Sawmill Junior High School in Commack, New York.