Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Teenage Paparazzo
2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2000 - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
1999 - Tarzan
1999 - Get Bruce!
1998 - Wide Awake
1996 - Beautiful Girls
1996 - Harriet the Spy
1996 - A Very Brady Sequel
1995 - Now and Then
1994 - Car 54, Where Are You?
1994 - The Flintstones
1993 - Another Stakeout
1993 - Fatal Instinct
1993 - Sleepless in Seattle
1992 - A League of Their Own
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- In 2006, she donated $5,700,000 to Katrina Relief efforts including Renaissance Village (a temporary shelter for Katrina victims), day care centers, a rehabilitation center in San Antonio, and a Habitat for Humanity sub division in Baton Rouge.
- Rosie's father, Edward, was a spy-camera engineer for a defense corporation.
- Appeared as a lifeline on _"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" (1999/I)_ (qv), correctly answering the question, and helping the contestant win $32,000. She later invited the contestant onto her show, and gave him a week-long trip to London, England, UK.
- Is a third cousin to 'Bridget Moynahan' (qv) on her father's side, a fact that Rosie O'Donnell did not know until Bridget was a guest on _"The View" (1997)_ (qv).
- She refuses to sign autographs for adults.
- She is a big fan of the Harry Potter book series, and even offered to play "Molly Weasley" in _Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)_ (qv) for free.
- Voted most popular in her high school class.
- Used to work in the catalog department at Sears. Her job was to attach the orders to the catalogs, dump the catalogs in the correct bins, and then fetch the orders for the customers.