Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2000 - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
1999 - Tarzan
1998 - Wide Awake
1996 - A Very Brady Sequel
1996 - Harriet the Spy
1996 - Beautiful Girls
1995 - Now and Then
1994 - Car 54, Where Are You?
1994 - The Flintstones
1993 - Another Stakeout
1993 - Sleepless in Seattle
1993 - Fatal Instinct
1992 - A League of Their Own
Guest TV Roles
Judge Madeline Summers
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- Is allergic to cats and horses.
- Used to work in the catalog department at Sears. Her job was to attach the orders to the catalogs, dump the catalogs in the correct bins, and then fetch the orders for the customers.
- Is a big New York Jets fan.
- Auditioned for role of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- Big Savage Garden fan.
- Is good friends with Penny Marshall.
- 'Anjelica Huston' (qv) wanted her to play the lead in the film _Agnes Browne (1999)_ (qv) but she turned it down because the offer came shortly after the shootings at Columbine High-School and O'Donnell felt that she was too emotional to do a film at that time.
- She is a big fan of the Harry Potter book series, and even offered to play "Molly Weasley" in _Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)_ (qv) for free.