Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2000 - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
1999 - Tarzan
1998 - Wide Awake
1996 - A Very Brady Sequel
1996 - Harriet the Spy
1996 - Beautiful Girls
1995 - Now and Then
1994 - Car 54, Where Are You?
1994 - The Flintstones
1993 - Another Stakeout
1993 - Sleepless in Seattle
1993 - Fatal Instinct
1992 - A League of Their Own
Guest TV Roles
Judge Madeline Summers
Herself - Host
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- Is a third cousin to 'Bridget Moynahan' (qv) on her father's side, a fact that Rosie O'Donnell did not know until Bridget was a guest on _"The View" (1997)_ (qv).
- Stated on The View that she keeps her Emmys in storage, and when queried by 'Elisabeth Hasselbeck' (qv), confirmed that she lets her kids paint them.
- Father was born in Belfast, N. Ireland.
- Born on the same day as actor 'Matthew Broderick (I)' (qv).
- She is a big fan of the Harry Potter book series, and even offered to play "Molly Weasley" in _Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001)_ (qv) for free.
- Appeared as a lifeline on _"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" (1999/I)_ (qv), correctly answering the question, and helping the contestant win $32,000. She later invited the contestant onto her show, and gave him a week-long trip to London, England, UK.
- Started out doing stand-up comedy.
- She refuses to sign autographs for adults.