Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- (5 December 1999) Adopted third child, son Blake Christopher (b. November 1999)
- Used to work in the catalog department at Sears. Her job was to attach the orders to the catalogs, dump the catalogs in the correct bins, and then fetch the orders for the customers.
- Born on the same day as actor 'Matthew Broderick (I)' (qv).
- Best friends with 'Madonna' (qv).
- Stated on The View that she keeps her Emmys in storage, and when queried by 'Elisabeth Hasselbeck' (qv), confirmed that she lets her kids paint them.
- Appeared as a lifeline on _"Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" (1999/I)_ (qv), correctly answering the question, and helping the contestant win $32,000. She later invited the contestant onto her show, and gave him a week-long trip to London, England, UK.
- Has said that she will never have biological children because of a family history of alcoholism and cancer. She plans to adopt more children, and is also becoming a certified foster parent (as of December 1999).
- 'Anjelica Huston' (qv) wanted her to play the lead in the film _Agnes Browne (1999)_ (qv) but she turned it down because the offer came shortly after the shootings at Columbine High-School and O'Donnell felt that she was too emotional to do a film at that time.