Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2000 - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
1999 - Tarzan
1998 - Wide Awake
1996 - A Very Brady Sequel
1996 - Harriet the Spy
1996 - Beautiful Girls
1995 - Now and Then
1994 - Car 54, Where Are You?
1994 - The Flintstones
1993 - Another Stakeout
1993 - Sleepless in Seattle
1993 - Fatal Instinct
1992 - A League of Their Own
Guest TV Roles
Judge Madeline Summers
Herself - Host
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- Big 'Tom Cruise' (qv) fan.
- (5 December 1999) Adopted third child, son Blake Christopher (b. November 1999)
- 'Anjelica Huston' (qv) wanted her to play the lead in the film _Agnes Browne (1999)_ (qv) but she turned it down because the offer came shortly after the shootings at Columbine High-School and O'Donnell felt that she was too emotional to do a film at that time.
- (March 2000) Fell and broke her right hand.
- Auditioned for role of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- Has a very big toy collection, especially McDonald's Happy Meal toys.
- Her role-models are 'Barbra Streisand' (qv) and 'Bette Midler' (qv).
- Rosie's father, Edward, was a spy-camera engineer for a defense corporation.