Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2001 - Hedwig and the Angry Inch
2000 - The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas
1999 - Tarzan
1998 - Wide Awake
1996 - A Very Brady Sequel
1996 - Harriet the Spy
1996 - Beautiful Girls
1995 - Now and Then
1994 - Car 54, Where Are You?
1994 - The Flintstones
1993 - Another Stakeout
1993 - Sleepless in Seattle
1993 - Fatal Instinct
1992 - A League of Their Own
Guest TV Roles
Judge Madeline Summers
Herself - Host
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- Dropped out of Boston University after 1 year. Dropped out of Dickinson College, Carlisle,PA.
- Has said that she will never have biological children because of a family history of alcoholism and cancer. She plans to adopt more children, and is also becoming a certified foster parent (as of December 1999).
- Auditioned for role of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- Started out doing stand-up comedy.
- Attended Commack High School South, the same high school as sportscaster 'Bob Costas' (qv).
- Used to work in the catalog department at Sears. Her job was to attach the orders to the catalogs, dump the catalogs in the correct bins, and then fetch the orders for the customers.
- Once owned and lived in the late 'Helen Hayes (I)' (qv)'s former home in Nyack, New York.
- Her role-models are 'Barbra Streisand' (qv) and 'Bette Midler' (qv).