Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- Has a chain of roses tattoo on her ankle.
- Auditioned for role of Elaine on _"Seinfeld" (1990)_ (qv).
- Big 'Tom Cruise' (qv) fan.
- She refuses to sign autographs for adults.
- Started out doing stand-up comedy.
- Was a VH-1 VeeJay.
- Voted high school homecoming queen.
- Rosie's father, Edward, was a spy-camera engineer for a defense corporation.