Mar. 21st, 1962
Commack, Long Island, New York, USA
5' 6 1/2"
Rosie O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rosie O'Donnell was born into an Irish family in Commack, Long Island. She was in the middle of 5 children. Her mother died when she was ten. She said that she watched TV nearly 24 hours a day. When she was 18, she dropped out of college and went on to do shows like "Gimme a Break!" (1981), and she produced and hosted "Stand-Up Spotlight" (1988). Now, she works on her own down-to-earth syndicated show: "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" (1996).
- Born on the same day as actor 'Matthew Broderick (I)' (qv).
- Her role-models are 'Barbra Streisand' (qv) and 'Bette Midler' (qv).
- 4 children - Parker Jaren O'Donnell (adopted) born 25 May 1995; Chelsea Belle O'Donnell (adopted) born 20 Sept 1997; Blake Christopher O'Donnell (adopted) born 5 Dec 1999; Vivienne Rose O'Donnell born 29 Nov 2002 to Rosie's partner, 'Kelli O'Donnell' (qv), and weighed 6lbs 6 oz.
- Rosie attended Sawmill Junior High School in Commack, New York.
- Is a third cousin to 'Bridget Moynahan' (qv) on her father's side, a fact that Rosie O'Donnell did not know until Bridget was a guest on _"The View" (1997)_ (qv).
- Was a VH-1 VeeJay.
- Big 'Tom Cruise' (qv) fan.
- Stated on The View that she keeps her Emmys in storage, and when queried by 'Elisabeth Hasselbeck' (qv), confirmed that she lets her kids paint them.