Jul. 24th, 1979
Balmain, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Rose Byrne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - This Is Where I Leave You
2014 - Neighbors
2010 - Get Him To the Greek
2009 - Knowing
2008 - The Tender Hook
2007 - 28 Weeks Later
2007 - Sunshine
2007 - Just Buried
2006 - Marie Antoinette
2005 - The Tenants
2004 - Troy
2004 - Wicker Park
2003 - I Capture the Castle
2003 - The Rage in Placid Lake
2003 - Take Away
2002 - Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
2002 - City of Ghosts
2000 - The Goddess of 1967
1999 - Two Hands
1994 - Dallas Doll
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Panelist
Rose was born on July 24, 1979, in Sydney, Australia. She landed her first role in a movie, Dallas Doll (1994), when she was 12 years old.
Since then, Rose has appeared in a variety of Australian televisions shows including "Heartbreak High" (1994), "Echo Point" (1995), and the film Two Hands (1999) alongside Heath Ledger. After this, she appeared in various movies like The Date (1999), My Mother Frank (2000), and Clara Law (I)'s The Goddess of 1967 (2000) for which she obtained the Female Volpi Cup at the Venice Festival in 2000.
Her first experience on a big-budget movie came when she played handmaiden, Dormé, to Natalie Portman, Padmé Amidala, in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002). In 2003, she starred, coincidentally, as Rose Mortmain in the adaptation of Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle (2003). In 2004, she acted in Wicker Park (2004) with Diane Kruger and Josh Hartnett. Here, she heard Wolfgang Petersen (I) was looking for an actress for Briseis in his next movie Troy (2004) with Brad Pitt, she got the part and was recognised as one of the most promising actresses in Hollywood.
After Troy (2004), she played Edith in a TV adaptation of "Casanova" (2005). In September 2005, she started to act in Sunshine (2007), a Danny Boyle movie, where she plays the pilot in a space mission.
- Both Byrne's parents are atheists, while she describes herself as agnostic.
- In 2004, she and 'Diane Kruger' (qv) played the two female leads in both movies _Wicker Park (2004)_ (qv) and _Troy (2004)_ (qv).
- Is of Scottish and Irish descent
- Was considered for the lead role in 'Jane Campion' (qv)'s _Holy Smoke (1999)_ (qv) (the part went to 'Kate Winslet' (qv).
- Best friends with fellow Australian actress 'Nadia Townsend' (qv) since they both were 8 years old.
- Was originally tipped to play "Helen" in _Troy (2004)_ (qv) but it was "Brisies"'s character Rose felt affinity for.
- Her hobbies include yoga, swimming, bicycle riding, crosswords and reading.
- She and her _Marie Antoinette (2006)_ (qv) director, 'Sofia Coppola' (qv), have both played handmaidens in the Star Wars prequels. 'Sofia Coppola' (qv) appeared in Episode I, Byrne in Episode II.