Jul. 24th, 1979
Balmain, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Rose Byrne's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Adult Beginners
2015 - Spy
2014 - This Is Where I Leave You
2014 - Annie
2013 - Insidious Chapter 2
2013 - The Turning
2013 - The Place Beyond the Pines
2013 - The Internship
2011 - Bridesmaids
2011 - X-Men: First Class
2011 - Insidious
2009 - Knowing
2008 - The Tender Hook
2007 - 28 Weeks Later
2007 - Just Buried
2007 - Sunshine
2006 - Marie Antoinette
2005 - The Tenants
2004 - Troy
2004 - Wicker Park
2003 - Take Away
2003 - The Rage in Placid Lake
2003 - The Night We Called It a Day
2003 - I Capture the Castle
2002 - Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
2002 - City of Ghosts
2000 - The Goddess of 1967
1999 - Two Hands
1994 - Dallas Doll
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest
Herself - Guest
Herself - Panelist
Herself - Guest
Rose was born on July 24, 1979, in Sydney, Australia. She landed her first role in a movie, Dallas Doll (1994), when she was 12 years old.
Since then, Rose has appeared in a variety of Australian televisions shows including "Heartbreak High" (1994), "Echo Point" (1995), and the film Two Hands (1999) alongside Heath Ledger. After this, she appeared in various movies like The Date (1999), My Mother Frank (2000), and Clara Law (I)'s The Goddess of 1967 (2000) for which she obtained the Female Volpi Cup at the Venice Festival in 2000.
Her first experience on a big-budget movie came when she played handmaiden, Dormé, to Natalie Portman, Padmé Amidala, in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002). In 2003, she starred, coincidentally, as Rose Mortmain in the adaptation of Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle (2003). In 2004, she acted in Wicker Park (2004) with Diane Kruger and Josh Hartnett. Here, she heard Wolfgang Petersen (I) was looking for an actress for Briseis in his next movie Troy (2004) with Brad Pitt, she got the part and was recognised as one of the most promising actresses in Hollywood.
After Troy (2004), she played Edith in a TV adaptation of "Casanova" (2005). In September 2005, she started to act in Sunshine (2007), a Danny Boyle movie, where she plays the pilot in a space mission.
- Ranked #9 on FHM's Sexiest women in the world, Australian edition. (2001).
- She trains in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling. Her teacher and close friend is Jiu-Jitsu legend Kyra Gracie, who taught Byrne for awhile, when she was in Sidney. Currently (2008-2009), Byrne trains at the Axis Jiu-Jitsu Academy, when in Australia, and at Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, in New York.
- She studied drama at Syndey's Australian Theatre for Young People and later at David Mamet Acting School, in New York.
- Left Los Angeles and moved to London where she owns a house with her sister (2005)
- Favorite actresses include 'Susan Sarandon' (qv),'Toni Collette' (qv), 'Cate Blanchett' (qv), 'Glenn Close' (qv), 'Juliette Binoche' (qv) and 'Judy Davis (I)' (qv).
- Her hobbies include yoga, swimming, bicycle riding, crosswords and reading.
- Both Byrne's parents are atheists, while she describes herself as agnostic.
- Good friends with fellow Australian actresses 'Krew Boylan' (qv),'Abbie Cornish' (qv) and 'Pia Miranda' (qv).