Jan. 28th, 1979
London, England, UK
Rosamund Pike's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Actress Rosamund Mary Elizabeth Pike is the only child of a classical violinist mother, Caroline (Friend), and an opera singer father, Julian Pike. Due to her parents' work, she spent her early childhood traveling around Europe. Pike attended Badminton School in Bristol, England and began acting at the National Youth Theatre. While appearing in a National Youth Theatre production of "Romeo and Juliet", she was first spotted and signed by an agent, although she continued her education at Wadham College, Oxford, where she read English Literature, eventually graduating with an upper second class honors degree.
Pike appeared in a number of UK television series, including Wives and Daughters (1999), before scoring an auspicious feature film debut as the glacial beauty "Miranda Frost" in the James Bond film, Die Another Day (2002); when the film was released, she was only 23. Though her debut was a big-budget action film, the film work that followed was primarily in smaller, independent films, including Promised Land (2004), The Libertine (2004), (for which she won the Best Supporting Actress award at The British Independent Film Awards), and Pride & Prejudice (2005), as one of the Bennet daughters. A brief foray into Hollywood film followed with the action flick, Doom (2005), and the thriller, Fracture (2007), but she returned to smaller films with exceptional performances in three films: An Education (2009), Made in Dagenham (2010), and the lead opposite Paul Giamatti in Barney's Version (2010).
- The age difference between herself and 'Halle Berry' (qv) in _Die Another Day (2002)_ (qv) - 12 years and 5 months - is the greatest age difference between two Bond girls in one film since 'Alison Doody' (qv) and 'Grace Jones (I)' (qv) - a difference of 18 years - in _A View to a Kill (1985)_ (qv).
- Won the Award for Best Debut at the 2003 Empire Awards for her performance as Miranda Frost in _Die Another Day (2002)_ (qv).
- She was friends with 'Chelsea Clinton' (qv) while at Wadham College, Oxford. Not only are they both the same height (5' 9"), they are both fluent in German, and they are both only children.
- Went to school in Bristol, England, UK.
- Graduated with a 2:1 (upper second class degree = 2nd Honors = Magna Cum Laude) in English Literature from Oxford University's Wadham College.
- (June 2008) FiancÚ 'Joe Wright (IV)' (qv) called off their engagement shortly before their wedding. The wedding invitations were already sent out.
- An anagram of her name is 'A Supremo Kind'.
- Plays the piano and cello.