Dec. 19th, 1972
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Rosa Blasi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rosa Blasi (born December 19, 1972) is an American actress, best known for her role as Luisa Delgado in the Lifetime medical drama series Strong Medicine (2000–2006).
Born in Chicago, Illinois to Rocco and Joyce Blasi. Blasi is classically trained as a mezzo soprano. She also comes from a strong theatre background; ranging from the esteemed Piven Performance Company, as well as The Second City, to starring in numerous musicals and touring with 'Kenny Rogers'. Blasi has two sisters (Marina) and (Tasha), and two brothers (Michael) and (Rocky).
Blasi's television debut was a recurring role on the CBS soap opera, The Bold and the Beautiful. Soon to follow was a starring role on the MTV/UPN sitcom Hitz. She soon found herself guest starring on numerous shows such as Frasier, Becker, Caroline in the City, V.I.P., Grown Ups, and Beverly Hills, 90210. She later starred in the dramatic Showtime film, Noriega: God's Favorite. The film was directed by Roger Spottiswoode and co-starred Bob Hoskins. The film was critically acclaimed.
In her breakout role, Blasi starred in the Lifetime drama series Strong Medicine from 2000 to 2006, starring as a doctor who runs a free health clinic. She made an appearance in "Shootout", a 2005 episode of CSI: Miami. Audiences saw Blasi in her first role in a major film as the wife of Bill Pullman's character in The Grudge.
Blasi appeared during The Vagina Monologues at the Apollo Theater and has also been a recurring performer at the "What a Pair" benefit concert for breast cancer research and has recorded numerous radio and television voice-overs. She was a repeat guest on talk shows such as Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher and The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn. She also played Ronnie Cruz on Make It or Break It. She plays a recurring character on General Hospital currently, as well. She wrote a comedic memoir titled Jock Itch: Misadventures of a Retired Jersey Chaser (2011) published by HarperCollins.
She recently starred in the Vagina Monologues at the Apollo Theater and has recorded numerous radio and television voice-overs. Her sharp tongue and quick wit have earned her a reputation as a favorite and often repeat guest on talk shows.
Blasi married New York Giants Fullback Jim Finn (February 14, 2004). Blasi gave birth to her first child, a daughter Kaia, (September 20, 2006). The couple divorced in (2008).
On May 3, 2014, Blasi remarried to mortgage broker Todd William Harris. They married 16 months after they first connected on Match.com. She has a stepdaughter Ryan (from Harris' previous relationship).
- Close friends with actor Sean Hayes, who attended her wedding on February 14, 2004
- Rosa has had piano classes for 5 years, dancing classes for 5 years, and voice training for 13 years.
- She was Miss Rockford 1993 (Swimsuit Preliminary) and Miss Chicago 1994, and a finalist in the Miss Illinois pageants of both years. Her talent for the Miss Chicago 1994 pageant was singing "I'd give my life for you" from Miss Saigon. A clip can be found at her website.
- Is close friends with actress Lisa Vidal
- Has the same birth date as Alyssa Milano
- Gave birth to her first child on September 20, 2006. Daughter, Kaia Jane weighed 7 lbs, 3 oz. and was 20 inches long. Baby Kaia was born two weeks before her October 4th due date.
- Speaks fluent Italian and is a classically trained mezzo soprano.
- Married Giants Fullback Jim Finn on February 14, 2004 in Maui