Dec. 19th, 1972
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Rosa Blasi's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - The Grudge
Guest TV Roles
Jeanine Winthrop (Voiced)
A native of Chicago, Rosa Blasi comes from a strong theater background, having performed in more than 40 professional productions beginning at age eight; ranging from comedy at the esteemed Piven Performance Company, as well as Second City, to starring in numerous musicals and touring with 'Kenny Rogers'.
Blasi's television debut was a recurring role on the CBS soap opera, The Bold and the Beautiful. Soon to follow was a starring role on the MTV/UPN sitcom Hitz. Blasi's rare combination of sex appeal and comedic timing landed her guest roles on hit shows such as Frasier, Becker, Caroline in the City, Drew Carey, Grown Up, Holding the Baby and Beverly Hills, 90210. She later starred in the dramatic Showtime film, Noriega: God's Favorite, which was shot in the Philippines. The film was directed by Roger Spottiswoode, and co-starred 'Bob Hoskins'. Both the film and Blasi's performance were critically acclaimed.
Blasi recently starred in the Vagina Monologues at the Apollo Theater and has recorded numerous radio and television voice-overs. Her sharp tongue and quick wit have earned her a reputation as a favorite and often repeat guest on talk shows.
- Rosa has had piano classes for 5 years, dancing classes for 5 years, and voice training for 13 years.
- Is close friends with actress Lisa Vidal
- Gave birth to her first child on September 20, 2006. Daughter, Kaia Jane weighed 7 lbs, 3 oz. and was 20 inches long. Baby Kaia was born two weeks before her October 4th due date.
- Close friends with actor Sean Hayes, who attended her wedding on February 14, 2004
- Married Giants Fullback Jim Finn on February 14, 2004 in Maui
- Has the same birth date as Alyssa Milano
- Speaks fluent Italian and is a classically trained mezzo soprano.
- She was Miss Rockford 1993 (Swimsuit Preliminary) and Miss Chicago 1994, and a finalist in the Miss Illinois pageants of both years. Her talent for the Miss Chicago 1994 pageant was singing "I'd give my life for you" from Miss Saigon. A clip can be found at her website.