Oct. 31st, 1939
New York City, New York, USA
Ron Rifkin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2012 - The Words
2011 - Peep World
2002 - Just a Kiss
2002 - Dragonfly
2002 - The Sum of All Fears
2001 - The Majestic
2000 - Boiler Room
2000 - Keeping the Faith
1998 - The Negotiator
1997 - L.A. Confidential
1996 - I'm Not Rappaport
1994 - Wolf
1993 - Manhattan Murder Mystery
1992 - Husbands and Wives
1991 - JFK
1991 - JFK
1978 - The Big Fix
1972 - Fuzz
1972 - Silent Running
Guest TV Roles
Dr. Carl Vucelich
Dr. Hal Lantry
Dr. Martin Nodel
Ron Rifkin (born Saul M. Rifkin; October 31, 1939) in New York City, New York, to immigrants Miriam and Herman Rifkin. He is the oldest of three children. He was raised in Orthodox Judaism and remained Orthodox until the age of 32.
Rifkin is married to Iva, who operates a fashion design business.
Rifkin is best known for his roles as Arvin Sloane on the spy drama Alias and as Saul Holden on the American family drama Brothers & Sisters.
- He is sometimes confused with actor 'Joel Grey' (qv) and vica versa. Due to this, Grey guest-starred on _"Alias" (2001)_ (qv) as a man brainwashed into thinking he was the evil terrorist-spy Arvin Sloane, who was played by Rifkin.
- Appeared with wife 'Iva Rifkin' (qv) in _The Sting II (1983)_ (qv).
- He won a Tony in 1998 for a featured role in "Cabaret".
- Won Broadway's 1998 Tony Award as Best Actor (Featured Role - Musical) for a revival "Cabaret."
- Older brother of 'Arnold Rifkin' (qv).
- Godfather of 'Eve Kagan' (qv).
- Appeared in two movies in 2002 with animals for titles, _Tadpole (2002)_ (qv) and _Dragonfly (2002)_ (qv). Coincidentally, he'd previously appeared in the film _Wolf (1994)_ (qv) as well.
- Is very close friends with 'Sarah Jessica Parker' (qv).