Jun. 5th, 1967
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
5' 10 1/2
Ron Livingston's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Fort Bliss
2010 - Going the Distance
2010 - Dinner for Schmucks
2009 - The Time Traveler's Wife
2008 - American Crude
2007 - Music Within
2006 - Relative Strangers
2005 - Pretty Persuasion
2004 - Little Black Book
2003 - The Cooler
2002 - Adaptation.
2002 - Buying the Cow
2000 - Beat
1999 - Office Space
1999 - Body Shots
1997 - Campfire Tales
1996 - Swingers
1994 - Some Folks Call it a Sling Blade
1992 - Straight Talk
Guest TV Roles
A.D.A. Alan Lowe
Charles Scheffel (Voiced)
Bob Memari (Voiced)
Dr. Sebastian Charles
Video Store Clerk (Voiced)
Ron Livingston (born June 5, 1967), in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. His father is an aerospace engineer and his mother is a Lutheran minister. His younger brother, 'John Livingston', is also an actor. His sister, Jennifer Livingston, is a TV news personality at CBS/WKBT in La Crosse, Wisconsin. His youngest brother, Nick Livingston, is a student.
Livingston graduated from Marion High School, then attended Yale University with 'Paul Giamatti' and 'Edward Norton'. It was at Yale University that he earned his B.A. degree in Theatre Studies and English Literature. He began his acting career while still an undergraduate, getting his stage credits with the Williamson Theatre Festival and Manhattan Class Company. In 1989, after graduating from Yale, Livingston moved to Chicago, where he acted in a number of stage productions, including shows at the Goodman Theatre and other venues. His film debut was in 'Dolly Parton's Straight Talk (1992). He accelerated his film career by moving to Los Angeles in 1993, gaining attention as one of the buddies in the popular hit Swingers (1996). His acting credits include the cult hit Office Space (1999), in which he starred opposite 'Jennifer Aniston', the mini-series Band of Brothers (2001), where he co-starred with 'Damian Lewis', eight episodes of Sex and the City (1998) (2002-2003), where he starred opposite 'Sarah Jessica Parker', and the Oscar-winning Adaptation. (2002), among his other works. He was nominated for a Golden Globe in 2002 for his performance in Band of Brothers (2001). He also appears as Sebastian Charles in the episode "TB or not TB" (2005) of Fox's popular series House M.D. (2004).
In 2006 Livingston became a new spokesman for Sprint Nextel telecommunications company in their new "Power Up" campaign. He is starring as Matt Flannery, the FBI senior negotiator, in the FOX's popular television series Standoff (2006), since the series opened in September 2006.
Livingston is currently residing in Los Angeles, California.
- Is a native of Marion, Iowa, USA. Graduated from Marion High School.
- Attended Yale University with 'Edward Norton (I)' (qv) and 'Paul Giamatti' (qv).
- Director 'Paul W.S. Anderson' (qv) had wanted him to play the role of Goro in _Mortal Kombat (1995)_ (qv), but the prosthetics required to make him taller and add two arms were too expensive to justify.
- Mother is a Lutheran minister, father is an aerospace engineer.
- Engaged to actress 'Lisa Sheridan' (qv) .
- Got his start in Chicago where one of the theaters he performed, was at the Goodman Theatre.
- His feature film debut was _Straight Talk (1992)_ (qv).
- Older brother of actor 'John Livingston (I)' (qv).