Sep. 6th, 1943
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, UK
Roger Waters' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2013 - 12-12-12
Guest TV Roles
Himself (segment "Roger Waters")
- Has been married three times, first to Judy Trim from 1969-1975, then to Carolyne Christie from 1976-1992, with whom he has two children, son Harry and daughter India, and finally to Priscilla Phillips from 1992-2001, with whom he has one child. His daughter India is a model, and son Harry tours with his dad as a keyboard player.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of Pink Floyd) in 1996.
- Lives in New York City.
- (March 2003) His 1987 solo album "Radio K.A.O.S." came 24th on Classic Rock Magazine's list of the 30 greatest concept albums of all time.
- Is partially tone-deaf. Uses earpieces in concert to help him sing. When he was in Pink Floyd, he used to have his bass guitars tuned by keyboardist Rick Wright.
- Father Eric Fletcher Waters was killed in World War II in 1944 in Anzio, Italy. His death proved to be a huge inspiration on Pink Floyd's music, particularly on the albums "The Wall" (1979) and "The Final Cut" (1983).
- 2005 - engaged to waitress Laurie Durning
- Is a huge fan of John Lennon, and cites "Isolation" as one of his favorite songs of all time. He played on a Lennon tribute show in 1985 performing "Across the Universe" with bassist Andy Fairweather-Low.