Sep. 6th, 1943
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, UK
Roger Waters' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Is partially tone-deaf. Uses earpieces in concert to help him sing. When he was in Pink Floyd, he used to have his bass guitars tuned by keyboardist Rick Wright.
- Lives in New York City.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of Pink Floyd) in 1996.
- After leaving Pink Floyd, he sued, unsuccessfully, to prevent the remaining members from using the name.
- Father Eric Fletcher Waters was killed in World War II in 1944 in Anzio, Italy. His death proved to be a huge inspiration on Pink Floyd's music, particularly on the albums "The Wall" (1979) and "The Final Cut" (1983).
- 2005 - engaged to waitress Laurie Durning
- (March 2003) His 1987 solo album "Radio K.A.O.S." came 24th on Classic Rock Magazine's list of the 30 greatest concept albums of all time.
- Is a huge fan of John Lennon, and cites "Isolation" as one of his favorite songs of all time. He played on a Lennon tribute show in 1985 performing "Across the Universe" with bassist Andy Fairweather-Low.