Sep. 6th, 1943
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England, UK
Roger Waters' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Is partially tone-deaf. Uses earpieces in concert to help him sing. When he was in Pink Floyd, he used to have his bass guitars tuned by keyboardist Rick Wright.
- (March 2003) Pink Floyd's 1973 album "Dark Side of the Moon" topped Classic Rock Magazine's list of the 30 greatest concept albums of all time. Their 1979 album "The Wall" came tenth and their 1983 album "The Final Cut" came 21st on the list.
- Pink Floyd were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame for their outstanding contribution to British music and integral part of British music culture. (16 November 2005).
- Pink Floyd's album "A Saucerful of Secrets" is featured on the sleeve of rock band Marillion's album "Script for a Jester's Tear" (released in 1983).
- Pink Floyd's album "The Wall" is featured on the sleeve of Marillion's album "Fugazi" (released in 1984).
- Father Eric Fletcher Waters was killed in World War II in 1944 in Anzio, Italy. His death proved to be a huge inspiration on Pink Floyd's music, particularly on the albums "The Wall" (1979) and "The Final Cut" (1983).
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of Pink Floyd) in 1996.
- 2005 - engaged to waitress Laurie Durning