Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films
2014 - Life Itself
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Jiminy Glick In Lalawood
2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Shares the same birthday (in year and date) with 'Paul McCartney' (qv).
- At the end of the nineties, he and 'Martin Scorsese' (qv) made a list of the top ten films of the decade. Roger's were: 1. _Hoop Dreams (1994)_ (qv) 2. _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) 3. _Goodfellas (1990)_ (qv) 4. _Fargo (1996)_ (qv) 5. Three Colors: Red, White and Blue 6. _Schindler's List (1993)_ (qv) 7. _Breaking the Waves (1996)_ (qv) 8. _Leaving Las Vegas (1995)_ (qv) 9. _Malcolm X (1992)_ (qv) 10. _JFK (1991)_ (qv).
- Once told 'David Letterman' (qv) that if he were trapped on a deserted island with only one film to watch, that film would be _Citizen Kane (1941)_ (qv).
- Awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Colorado.
- Wrote an introduction for the book "Mad at a Movies," a compilation of past movie satires from the pages of "Mad" magazine. He credits Mad's movie satires as one of his earliest inspirations for becoming a film critic.
- His 4th annual EbertFest of Overlooked Films held at Virginia Theatre in Champaign, Illinois, drew almost 20,000 people over 5 days in March 2002.
- Film critic.
- Chicago's Erie Way was renamed Siskel & Ebert Way in 1995.