Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films
2014 - Life Itself
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Jiminy Glick In Lalawood
2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Guest TV Roles
Roger Ebert (Voiced)
- Chicago's Erie Way was renamed Siskel & Ebert Way in 1995.
- Wrote his review of _Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006)_ (qv) in first person as Garfield.
- Is a film lecturer at the University of Chicago Fine Arts Program.
- Wrote an introduction for the book "Mad at a Movies," a compilation of past movie satires from the pages of "Mad" magazine. He credits Mad's movie satires as one of his earliest inspirations for becoming a film critic.
- Educated at the University of Illinois, won national college award for his campus newspaper columns.
- Hobbies: walking, reading, travel, sketching, cosmology, Darwinism.
- His top ten films of all time are: _The General (1926)_ (qv), _Citizen Kane (1941)_ (qv), _Tôkyô monogatari (1953)_ (qv) ("Tokyo Story "), _Vertigo (1958)_ (qv), _La dolce vita (1960)_ (qv), _2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)_ (qv), _Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes (1972)_ (qv) ("Aguirre: The Wrath of God"), _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv), _Raging Bull (1980)_ (qv) and _"Dekalog" (1989)_ (qv).
- Is an avid user and fan of IMDb.