Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Life Itself
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Jiminy Glick In Lalawood
2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Has said his favourite actor is 'Robert Mitchum' (qv).
- Wrote his review of _Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006)_ (qv) in first person as Garfield.
- Brother in the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity.
- He went to the draft for the Vietnam War and almost got in, but he was told he was overweight and was rejected. He was 26 years old and weighed 206 pounds at that time.
- Film critic.
- Hobbies: walking, reading, travel, sketching, cosmology, Darwinism.
- His number one movies from the following 1990s were _Goodfellas (1990)_ (qv), _JFK (1991)_ (qv), _Malcolm X (1992)_ (qv), _Schindler's List (1993)_ (qv), _Hoop Dreams (1994)_ (qv), _Leaving Las Vegas (1995)_ (qv), _Fargo (1996)_ (qv), _Eve's Bayou (1997)_ (qv), _Dark City (1998)_ (qv), and _Being John Malkovich (1999)_ (qv).
- Estimates he's seen well over 10,000 films in his lifetime.