Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Guest TV Roles
[no bio found]
- Police departments across the U.S., including the makers of _"Cops" (1989)_ (qv), hold a review at their annual conventions, of actual arrest/cross examine procedure on videotape. It is titled "Fiscal and Deebert", spoofing the critics 'Gene Siskel' (qv) and Roger Ebert.
- At the end of the nineties, he and 'Martin Scorsese' (qv) made a list of the top ten films of the decade. Roger's were: 1. _Hoop Dreams (1994)_ (qv) 2. _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) 3. _Goodfellas (1990)_ (qv) 4. _Fargo (1996)_ (qv) 5. Three Colors: Red, White and Blue 6. _Schindler's List (1993)_ (qv) 7. _Breaking the Waves (1996)_ (qv) 8. _Leaving Las Vegas (1995)_ (qv) 9. _Malcolm X (1992)_ (qv) 10. _JFK (1991)_ (qv).
- Once told 'David Letterman' (qv) that if he were trapped on a deserted island with only one film to watch, that film would be _Citizen Kane (1941)_ (qv).
- Awarded an honorary doctorate from the University of Colorado.
- Shares the same birthday (in year and date) with 'Paul McCartney' (qv).
- Biography/bibliography in: "Contemporary Authors." New Revision Series, volume 151, pages 132-135. Farmington Hills, MI: Thomson Gale, 2006.
- His wife is an attorney.
- Sportswriter at the age of 15.