Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films
2014 - Life Itself
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Jiminy Glick In Lalawood
2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Guest TV Roles
Roger Ebert (Voiced)
Himself - Film Critic
- Brother in the Phi Delta Theta Fraternity.
- Says that his favorite actress of all time is 'Ingrid Bergman (I)' (qv).
- He went to the draft for the Vietnam War and almost got in, but he was told he was overweight and was rejected. He was 26 years old and weighed 206 pounds at that time.
- Says that the first movie he ever saw was _A Day at the Races (1937)_ (qv) starring 'The Marx Brothers' (qv).
- Has an extensive collection of cartoon character toys, dolls and action figures.
- Survived a bout with thyroid cancer, as well as a cancerous salivary gland tumor.
- Has said his favourite actor is 'Robert Mitchum' (qv).
- First person ever to win the Pulitzer Prize for film criticism; in 2003, Stephen Hunter of the Washington Post became the second.