Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films
2014 - Life Itself
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Jiminy Glick In Lalawood
2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Guest TV Roles
Roger Ebert (Voiced)
- Once told 'David Letterman' (qv) that if he were trapped on a deserted island with only one film to watch, that film would be _Citizen Kane (1941)_ (qv).
- Has an extensive collection of cartoon character toys, dolls and action figures.
- Wrote his review of _Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006)_ (qv) in first person as Garfield.
- Has said his favourite actor is 'Robert Mitchum' (qv).
- Chicago's Erie Way was renamed Siskel & Ebert Way in 1995.
- Is a film lecturer at the University of Chicago Fine Arts Program.
- He drew criticism when he stated that he considered _The Passion of the Christ (2004)_ (qv) to be 'the most violent film I've ever seen'. Many misinterpreted that to mean that he felt that the violence in the film was negative and exploitive (even though he gave the film a glowing review). He stated in his Q and A column that "The effect of movie violence depends on subjective factors, including the purpose the filmmakers had in using it."
- Film critic.