Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Guest TV Roles
- He was an only child.
- He had his right thumb trademarked.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. [June 23, 2005]
- Wrote his review of _Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006)_ (qv) in first person as Garfield.
- Educated at the University of Illinois, won national college award for his campus newspaper columns.
- First person ever to win the Pulitzer Prize for film criticism; in 2003, Stephen Hunter of the Washington Post became the second.
- Despite undergoing debilitating cancer treatment and radiation in 2004, Ebert continued his award-winning movie reviews, writing an incredible 274 reviews that year, plus 26 essays on great movies and 26 versions of his column "The Movie Answer Man." He also covered various film festivals (including Cannes) and the Oscars.
- His top ten films of all time are: _The General (1926)_ (qv), _Citizen Kane (1941)_ (qv), _Tôkyô monogatari (1953)_ (qv) ("Tokyo Story "), _Vertigo (1958)_ (qv), _La dolce vita (1960)_ (qv), _2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)_ (qv), _Aguirre, der Zorn Gottes (1972)_ (qv) ("Aguirre: The Wrath of God"), _Apocalypse Now (1979)_ (qv), _Raging Bull (1980)_ (qv) and _"Dekalog" (1989)_ (qv).