Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- At the end of the nineties, he and 'Martin Scorsese' (qv) made a list of the top ten films of the decade. Roger's were: 1. _Hoop Dreams (1994)_ (qv) 2. _Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv) 3. _Goodfellas (1990)_ (qv) 4. _Fargo (1996)_ (qv) 5. Three Colors: Red, White and Blue 6. _Schindler's List (1993)_ (qv) 7. _Breaking the Waves (1996)_ (qv) 8. _Leaving Las Vegas (1995)_ (qv) 9. _Malcolm X (1992)_ (qv) 10. _JFK (1991)_ (qv).
- Is an avid user and fan of IMDb.
- His 4th annual EbertFest of Overlooked Films held at Virginia Theatre in Champaign, Illinois, drew almost 20,000 people over 5 days in March 2002.
- He went to the draft for the Vietnam War and almost got in, but he was told he was overweight and was rejected. He was 26 years old and weighed 206 pounds at that time.
- He was an only child.
- Estimates he's seen well over 10,000 films in his lifetime.
- Has said his favourite actor is 'Robert Mitchum' (qv).
- His number one movies from the following 1990s were _Goodfellas (1990)_ (qv), _JFK (1991)_ (qv), _Malcolm X (1992)_ (qv), _Schindler's List (1993)_ (qv), _Hoop Dreams (1994)_ (qv), _Leaving Las Vegas (1995)_ (qv), _Fargo (1996)_ (qv), _Eve's Bayou (1997)_ (qv), _Dark City (1998)_ (qv), and _Being John Malkovich (1999)_ (qv).