Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films
2014 - Life Itself
2007 - Manufacturing Dissent
2006 - Going to Pieces - The Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film
2005 - Jiminy Glick In Lalawood
2005 - Midnight Movies: From the Margin to the Mainstream
2000 - Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2
Guest TV Roles
Roger Ebert (Voiced)
- Spent a year on a Rotary fellowship at the University of Cape Town in South Africa. He later started a PhD at the University of Chicago, which he didn't finish.
- He had his right thumb trademarked.
- Has said his favourite actor is 'Robert Mitchum' (qv).
- Despite undergoing debilitating cancer treatment and radiation in 2004, Ebert continued his award-winning movie reviews, writing an incredible 274 reviews that year, plus 26 essays on great movies and 26 versions of his column "The Movie Answer Man." He also covered various film festivals (including Cannes) and the Oscars.
- Shoulder surgery in May 2002 caused him to miss attending Cannes Film Festival for first time in 25 years. Broke left shoulder in two places after slipping on wet floor.
- Biography/bibliography in: "Contemporary Authors." New Revision Series, volume 151, pages 132-135. Farmington Hills, MI: Thomson Gale, 2006.
- His 4th annual EbertFest of Overlooked Films held at Virginia Theatre in Champaign, Illinois, drew almost 20,000 people over 5 days in March 2002.
- Says that the first movie he ever saw was _A Day at the Races (1937)_ (qv) starring 'The Marx Brothers' (qv).