Jun. 18th, 1942
Urbana, Illinois, USA
Roger Ebert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
- Despite undergoing debilitating cancer treatment and radiation in 2004, Ebert continued his award-winning movie reviews, writing an incredible 274 reviews that year, plus 26 essays on great movies and 26 versions of his column "The Movie Answer Man." He also covered various film festivals (including Cannes) and the Oscars.
- Police departments across the U.S., including the makers of _"Cops" (1989)_ (qv), hold a review at their annual conventions, of actual arrest/cross examine procedure on videotape. It is titled "Fiscal and Deebert", spoofing the critics 'Gene Siskel' (qv) and Roger Ebert.
- Has said his favourite actor is 'Robert Mitchum' (qv).
- Hobbies: walking, reading, travel, sketching, cosmology, Darwinism.
- Film critic.
- Is a film lecturer at the University of Chicago Fine Arts Program.
- 1 July 2006 - Had surgery to repair a burst blood vessel near his salivary gland, near where he had his previous cancer operation.
- His wife is an attorney.