Aug. 20th, 1948
West Bromwich, West Midlands, England, UK
Robert Plant's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - It Might Get Loud
1976 - The Song Remains The Same
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Vocals
Himself - Musical Guest
Prior to Hobbstweedle (a pickup blues band formed to honour a gig at West Midlands College Of Education) Robert was the frontman for The Band of Joy - featuring Percy, John Bonham, Paul Lockey (bass), Chris Brown (keyboards) and Kevyn Gammond (guitar). The BOJ were on verge of making a record deal when they split a little acrinmoniously. This led to Rob eventually joining Led Zeppelin after a few blind alleys. The rest is history.
- Wife is of East Indian descent and raised in England.
- Lead singer and harmonica player of 'Led Zeppelin' (qv).
- It's relatively unknown that the boys from 'Led Zeppelin' (qv) and 'Elvis Presley' (qv) became quite friendly in the 1970s. They met on numerous occasion and 'Led Zeppelin' (qv) attended at least two Elvis concerts, sitting front row center.
- (14 November 2006) 'Led Zeppelin' (qv) were inducted into the UK Music Hall of Fame for their outstanding contribution to British music and integral part of British music culture.
- During a break from the 1975 American tour, Plant and his family were seriously injured in a jeep wreck. This not only caused the remainder of the tour to be cancelled, but it also prevented the band from filming additional footage for their concert film _The Song Remains the Same (1976)_ (qv).
- Attended the funeral in 2004 of DJ 'John Peel (I)' (qv).
- 'Led Zeppelin' (qv) were voted the 14th Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Artists of all time by Rolling Stone.
- His biggest influences were Elvis Presley and The Doors' lead singer Jim Morrison.