Aug. 20th, 1948
West Bromwich, West Midlands, England, UK
Robert Plant's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2008 - It Might Get Loud
1976 - The Song Remains The Same
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Vocals
Himself - Musical Guest
Prior to Hobbstweedle (a pickup blues band formed to honour a gig at West Midlands College Of Education) Robert was the frontman for The Band of Joy - featuring Percy, John Bonham, Paul Lockey (bass), Chris Brown (keyboards) and Kevyn Gammond (guitar). The BOJ were on verge of making a record deal when they split a little acrinmoniously. This led to Rob eventually joining Led Zeppelin after a few blind alleys. The rest is history.
- In the song "Stairway to Heaven," he uses the phrase "stairway to heaven" three times.
- Daughter Carmen is married to 'Charlie Jones (III)' (qv), Robert Plant's bass player for solo tours.
- Inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame (as a member of 'Led Zeppelin' (qv)) in 1995.
- Daughter Carmen, sons Karac (died of a virus), and Logan.
- It's relatively unknown that the boys from 'Led Zeppelin' (qv) and 'Elvis Presley' (qv) became quite friendly in the 1970s. They met on numerous occasion and 'Led Zeppelin' (qv) attended at least two Elvis concerts, sitting front row center.
- In the years following 'Led Zeppelin' (qv)'s break up, 'Jimmy Page (I)' (qv) would not allow anyone else to sing "Stairway to Heaven." Page felt that Plant was the only person who could do the song justice.
- In the early 1980s he stated that he and 'Jimmy Page (I)' (qv) used to listen to Huelyn Duvall's "Three Months To Kill" to gain musical inspiration. Interestingly, legendary Nashville guitarist 'Hank Garland' (qv)'s guitar work was featured on this recording as well as on Duvall's "Little Boy Blue" and "Juliet".
- He was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 2009 Queen's New Years Honours List for his services to Music.