Oct. 27th, 1953
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Robert Picardo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Graduated from Yale University. Wanted to be an actor, but parents initially weren't supportive. This changed when in college he sang in Leonard Bernstein's Mass, and Bernstein himself saw Picardo and told him he should pursue being an actor. The young Picardo asked Bernstein to tell that to his parents, which the great composer did, thereby changing their minds. Picardo started as a noted stage actor, appearing in Gemini on Broadway, among others.
- Had originally auditioned for the role of Neelix on _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv).
- Has two daughters named: Nicollette Arianna (born on March 14, 1989) and Gina Emira (born on November 3, 1991)
- Originally attended Yale as a Pre-Med major
- Is an accomplished singer and has put out a CD of parody songs.
- The real name of the family was Picardi, changed by his father.
- Has appeared in episodes of two different series entitled "The Gift" and "One Small Step": _"China Beach" (1988)_ (qv) and _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv).
- From the East Falls section of Philadelphia
- Along with 'George Takei' (qv) and 'Robert Duncan McNeill' (qv), he is one of only three "Star Trek" regulars to wear all three "Star Trek" uniform colours. He wore the blue (medical) uniform in every episode of _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) in which he appears, the _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv) episode "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?" and _Star Trek: First Contact (1996)_ (qv), the gold (operations/security) uniform in the _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) episode 'The Swarm' and the _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv) episode 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume?' and the red (command) uniform in the _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) episodes 'Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy' and 'Workforce parts 1 & 2'.