Oct. 27th, 1953
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Robert Picardo's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Chasing the Green
2003 - Looney Tunes: Back in Action
1998 - Small Soldiers
1997 - Trekkies
1996 - Star Trek: First Contact
1994 - The Pagemaster
1993 - Matinee
1991 - L.A. Story
1990 - Total Recall
1990 - Gremlins 2: The New Batch
1989 - The 'Burbs
1989 - Loverboy
1988 - Jack's Back
1987 - Amazon Women on the Moon
1987 - InnerSpace
1987 - Munchies
1986 - Back to School
1985 - Explorers
1985 - Legend
1984 - Oh, God! You Devil
1983 - Star 80
1983 - Get Crazy
1981 - The Howling
Guest TV Roles
Det. Nick Traub
Graduated from Yale University. Wanted to be an actor, but parents initially weren't supportive. This changed when in college he sang in Leonard Bernstein's Mass, and Bernstein himself saw Picardo and told him he should pursue being an actor. The young Picardo asked Bernstein to tell that to his parents, which the great composer did, thereby changing their minds. Picardo started as a noted stage actor, appearing in Gemini on Broadway, among others.
- Is the only "Star Trek" regular to have ever written an episode of "Star Trek": the _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) Season Six episode "Life Line".
- The real name of the family was Picardi, changed by his father.
- Has appeared in episodes of two different series entitled "The Gift" and "One Small Step": _"China Beach" (1988)_ (qv) and _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv).
- Graduate of Penn Charter School, class of 1971
- Is an accomplished singer and has put out a CD of parody songs.
- From the East Falls section of Philadelphia
- Along with 'George Takei' (qv) and 'Robert Duncan McNeill' (qv), he is one of only three "Star Trek" regulars to wear all three "Star Trek" uniform colours. He wore the blue (medical) uniform in every episode of _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) in which he appears, the _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv) episode "Doctor Bashir, I Presume?" and _Star Trek: First Contact (1996)_ (qv), the gold (operations/security) uniform in the _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) episode 'The Swarm' and the _"Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993)_ (qv) episode 'Doctor Bashir, I Presume?' and the red (command) uniform in the _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv) episodes 'Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy' and 'Workforce parts 1 & 2'.