Nov. 5th, 1958
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Robert Patrick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Robert Hammond Patrick, Jr. (born November 5, 1958) is an American actor, known for his work in the science fiction genre. He is a Saturn Award-winner.
Patrick dropped out of college when drama class sparked his interest in acting, receiving his first professional acting job in the 1986 television film, Eye of the Eagle. He went on to appear in supporting roles in such motion pictures as Die Hard 2, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Wayne's World, Last Action Hero, Fire in the Sky, Cop Land, The Faculty, Walk the Line, Bridge to Terabithia, Spy Kids and Flags of Our Fathers.
Patrick also starred in popular television shows such as The Sopranos, The Outer Limits, Elvis, The Unit, and The X-Files as FBI Special Agent John Doggett. He recently teamed up again with The Unit writer, Shawn Ryan for Last Resort.
Allmovie described Patrick as having "developed a solid reputation within the industry", with critics, fans and co-stars praising "his work ethic, personality, and consistent performances".
Patrick married actress 'Barbara Patrick' during the filming of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Patrick and Barbara have appeared together in various media releases such as Zero Tolerance and The X-Files. He has two children, a son, Samuel, and a daughter, Austin (named after the police officer the T-1000 impersonates in Terminator 2). Almost every year, he does the Love Ride, a charity motorcycle ride held annually in Southern California. He is the current president of Chapter 101 of the Boozefighters motorcycle club. His brother is Richard Patrick, former guitarist of Nine Inch Nails and lead singer of the rock bands Filter and Army of Anyone. On October 22, 2010, the brothers sang guest vocals on the Filter song "So I Quit" on stage in Dallas, TX.
- Has played the same character (T-1000) in three different movies. _Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)_ (qv), _Wayne's World (1992)_ (qv) and _Last Action Hero (1993)_ (qv).
- Has appeared in two movies with 'Joaquin Phoenix' (qv): _Walk the Line (2005)_ (qv) and _Ladder 49 (2004)_ (qv).
- Enjoys riding motorcycles.
- Immediately after being cast in _Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)_ (qv), he took a martial-arts crash course, then began exhaustive strength, endurance, and weapons-training sessions. "For three months," he says, "all I did was sleep, eat, take vitamins, and train.".
- The appearance of character Dale Gribble from the animated series _"King of the Hill" (1997)_ (qv) is based on Patrick.
- He frequently plays characters who are involved in law enforcement or the military. Among Patrick's roles, he has played 4 different "Colonels".
- Has played the fathers of both 'Elvis Presley' (qv) and 'Johnny Cash (I)' (qv): 'Vernon Presley' (qv) in _Elvis (2005) (TV)_ (qv) and Ray Cash in _Walk the Line (2005)_ (qv).
- He reprised his _Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)_ (qv) character, the T-1000, for the theme park attraction T2-3D, a short film filmed in a new 3-D process that makes the film really appear to jump out at you.