Nov. 5th, 1958
Marietta, Georgia, USA
Robert Patrick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Robert Hammond Patrick, Jr. (born November 5, 1958) is an American actor, known for his work in the science fiction genre. He is a Saturn Award-winner.
Patrick dropped out of college when drama class sparked his interest in acting, receiving his first professional acting job in the 1986 television film, Eye of the Eagle. He went on to appear in supporting roles in such motion pictures as Die Hard 2, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Wayne's World, Last Action Hero, Fire in the Sky, Cop Land, The Faculty, Walk the Line, Bridge to Terabithia, Spy Kids and Flags of Our Fathers.
Patrick also starred in popular television shows such as The Sopranos, The Outer Limits, Elvis, The Unit, and The X-Files as FBI Special Agent John Doggett. He recently teamed up again with The Unit writer, Shawn Ryan for Last Resort.
Allmovie described Patrick as having "developed a solid reputation within the industry", with critics, fans and co-stars praising "his work ethic, personality, and consistent performances".
Patrick married actress 'Barbara Patrick' during the filming of Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Patrick and Barbara have appeared together in various media releases such as Zero Tolerance and The X-Files. He has two children, a son, Samuel, and a daughter, Austin (named after the police officer the T-1000 impersonates in Terminator 2). Almost every year, he does the Love Ride, a charity motorcycle ride held annually in Southern California. He is the current president of Chapter 101 of the Boozefighters motorcycle club. His brother is Richard Patrick, former guitarist of Nine Inch Nails and lead singer of the rock bands Filter and Army of Anyone. On October 22, 2010, the brothers sang guest vocals on the Filter song "So I Quit" on stage in Dallas, TX.
- The appearance of character Dale Gribble from the animated series _"King of the Hill" (1997)_ (qv) is based on Patrick.
- During his first 10 years in the film business in which Patrick was a struggling actor in "B" movies, his pay was so meager that he had to supplement it by bartending at night.
- Two children, daughter Austin, son Samuel.
- Brother of Richard, Cheri, Karen and Lewis Patrick.
- Majored in accounting while attending Bowling Green State University.
- Immediately after being cast in _Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)_ (qv), he took a martial-arts crash course, then began exhaustive strength, endurance, and weapons-training sessions. "For three months," he says, "all I did was sleep, eat, take vitamins, and train.".
- Has played the fathers of both 'Elvis Presley' (qv) and 'Johnny Cash (I)' (qv): 'Vernon Presley' (qv) in _Elvis (2005) (TV)_ (qv) and Ray Cash in _Walk the Line (2005)_ (qv).
- Brother of 'Richard Patrick (II)' (qv), lead singer of Filter and former guitarist for 'Nine Inch Nails' (qv).