Nov. 9th, 1964
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Robert Duncan McNeill's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2002 - Infested
1997 - Trekkies
1987 - Masters of the Universe
1981 - Sharky's Machine
Guest TV Roles
Peter Wood (segment "A Message from Charity")
Police Chief Joe Frawley
Cadet First Class Nicholas Locarno
Robert Duncan McNeill was born on November 9, 1964 in North Carolina, but raised in Washington, D.C. until his family finally settled down in Atlanta, Georgia. Later, he attended a local high school and, after he graduated, he moved to New York City and enrolled at Juilliard where he spent two years studying the trade. While he was attending Juilliard, he got the role of "Charlie Brent" on the popular ABC daytime drama "All My Children" (1970). He has also been on many TV shows and movies - including popular shows such as "The Twilight Zone" (1985), "L.A. Law" (1986), "Sisters" (1991), "Murder, She Wrote" (1984), "The Outer Limits" (1995), "Crossing Jordan" (2001), "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995), "Lucky Chances" (1990), "Homefront" (1991), "Going to Extremes" (1992), among others. After he left "All My Children" (1970), he landed a role in Stephen Sondheim's Broadway musical "Into the Woods". His theater background also includes performances in "The Fantastiks - The Boy", "Lucy's Lapses", "Romeo and Juliet", "Six Degrees of Separation", "The Family of Mann", "The Four-H Club", among others.
McNeill's television experience also includes roles in a number of movies such as Masters of the Universe (1987), Mothers, Daughters and Lovers (1989) (TV), Spies (1992) (TV), One More Mountain (1994) (TV), Infested (2002). He made his directorial debut on "Star Trek: Voyager" (1995) and continued on shows such as "Dawson's Creek" (1998), 9mm of Love (2000), The Battery (1998), "Enterprise" (2001), "Dead Like Me" (2003), among others. He currently resides in Los Angeles with his wife, Carol Seder, and their children.
- Children: 'Taylor McNeill' (qv) (June 11, 1990), Kyle (April 12, 1994), Carter Jay (January 21, 1998).
- Along with 'George Takei' (qv) and 'Robert Picardo' (qv), he is one of only three "Star Trek" regulars to wear all three uniform colours. He wore the red (command) uniform in every episode of _"Star Trek: Voyager" (1995)_ (qv), the blue (medical) uniform in "Author, Author" and the gold (operations/security) in "Worst Case Scenario".
- Third child Carter Jay McNeill was born January 21, 1998
- Favorite color is orange. (From Star Trek convention. Producers asked him what his favorite color is. He answered "I dunno...orange?". He found the decorative lighting in his quarters set lit orange the next day.)
- First acting role was as a Munchkin in a dance studio production of The Wizard of Oz
- Won Dramalogue Award for Best Actor as Romeo in Ford Theatre production of Romeo and Juliet
- In New York he co-founded Reel Play Productions, a theatre group for inner-city children.