Apr. 4th, 1965
New York City, New York, USA
Guest TV Roles
John Cougar Melloncamp
Patrick Pewterschmidt (Voiced)
Robert John Downey Jr. (born April 4, 1965) in Greenwich Village, New York City, at 1:10 pm. He's the son of underground filmmaker 'Robert Downey Sr.'.
His first part in a movie was in his father's Pound (1970), in which 5-year-old Downey played a puppy. When he was 20 years old, he joined Saturday Night Live (1985) for one season. After that, he went to Hollywood. In 1987, he got the leading role in director 'James Toback' film The Pick-up Artist (1987), co-starring with 'Molly Ringwald'. The same year, he played drug addict Julian Wells in the movie Less Than Zero (1987).
In 1992, he played 'Charles Chaplin' in Sir 'Richard Attenborough's film Chaplin (1992). For his astonishing performance, he received an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor. In the year 2000, he guest-starred in the comedy series Ally McBeal (1997), where he portrayed the attorney Larry Paul, who became Ally's love interest. For that performance, he won the Golden Globe for "best supporting actor in a comedy series". On Ally McBeal (1997), Downey got to show that he can sing as well as act, when he sang Joni Mitchell's "River," Chances Are as a duet with 'Vonda Shepard' , and "Every Breath You Take" together with 'Sting'. He released one song of his own, "Snakes," on the Ally McBeal (1997) album "For Once in My Life," and a full album of his own work entitled "The Futurist" in 2005.
- Married his first wife after dating her for only 42 days.
- On the set of _A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints (2006)_ (qv) he took co-star 'Adam Scarimbolo' (qv) under his wing.
- (24 May 2001) Downey pleaded not guilty to the November 2000 drug charges. Next hearing will be on July 16. He is being held in a drug rehab center until his case is decided.
- 'Sting (I)' (qv) ("Every Breath You Take") and 'Billy Idol' (qv) performed at his wedding to 'Susan Downey' (qv).
- Son of 'Robert Downey Sr.' (qv).
- Claims that his father is the one who introduced him to drugs, by offering him a marijuana joint when he was 8.
- He's the first regular cast member of _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) to be nominated for an Academy Award in the category "Best Actor in a Leading Role." 'Joan Cusack' (qv) and 'Dan Aykroyd' (qv) were also nominated for Academy Awards some years before Downey, but both were nominated for supporting roles.
- Childhood friend of Richard Hall aka 'Moby (I)' (qv).