Mar. 17th, 1964
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Rob Lowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Interview
2014 - Sex Tape
2009 - The Invention of Lying
2007 - For the Bible Tells Me So
2005 - Thank You for Smoking
2005 - Jiminy Glick In Lalawood
2001 - Proximity
2000 - The Specials
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1997 - Contact
1996 - Mulholland Falls
1995 - Tommy Boy
1991 - The Dark Backward
1990 - Bad Influence
1988 - Illegally Yours
1988 - Masquerade
1986 - About Last Night...
1986 - Youngblood
1984 - The Hotel New Hampshire
1984 - Oxford Blues
1983 - The Outsiders
1983 - Class
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rob Lowe's family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the "Brat Pack", a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen (I) and Judd Nelson, among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- Former brother-in-law of Oscar-winning actress 'Hilary Swank' (qv).
- Was one of the nine original members of the 1980s "brat pack", along with 'Judd Nelson' (qv), 'Mare Winningham' (qv), 'Anthony Michael Hall' (qv), 'Demi Moore' (qv), 'Ally Sheedy' (qv), 'Molly Ringwald' (qv), 'Emilio Estevez' (qv) and 'Andrew McCarthy (I)' (qv).
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- Brother of actor 'Chad Lowe (I)' (qv)
- 2000: Voted one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.
- One of the select few to be nominated for and subsequently "win" a Razzie Award and then not get another nomination again. Lowe "won" the 1986 Worst Supporting Actor Razzie for his performance in _St. Elmo's Fire (1985)_ (qv).
- Rob has a younger brother, Justin, from his father's second marriage.
- 'Mike Myers (I)' (qv) is known to have resurrected Rob's acting career. He and Rob became close friends while filming _Wayne's World (1992)_ (qv). Myers gave him an unbilled role in _Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)_ (qv) (although the scene was deleted in editing) and gave him a role as the young Number Two in _Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)_ (qv).