Mar. 17th, 1964
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Rob Lowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rob Lowe's family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the "Brat Pack", a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included 'Emilio Estevez', 'Charlie Sheen' and 'Judd Nelson', among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- Former brother-in-law of Oscar-winning actress 'Hilary Swank' (qv).
- Is older half brother of 'Micah Dyer' (qv).
- Is deaf in his right ear.
- 2000: Voted one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.
- One of the select few to be nominated for and subsequently "win" a Razzie Award and then not get another nomination again. Lowe "won" the 1986 Worst Supporting Actor Razzie for his performance in _St. Elmo's Fire (1985)_ (qv).
- Has the dubious distinction of having left a successful TV series (_"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv)), to having two failed TV series within a year (_"The Lyon's Den" (2003)_ (qv), _"Dr. Vegas" (2004)_ (qv)), both of which were canceled before running their full season.
- Father of Edward Matthew Lowe (b. 1993) and John Owen Lowe (b. 1995)
- His wife, 'Sheryl Berkoff' (qv), is a make-up artist.