Mar. 17th, 1964
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Rob Lowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rob Lowe's family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the "Brat Pack", a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included 'Emilio Estevez', 'Charlie Sheen' and 'Judd Nelson', among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- Brother of actor 'Chad Lowe (I)' (qv)
- 1987: Nominated for a supporting Golden Globe award for his performance as a retarded youth in _Square Dance (1987)_ (qv).
- 2000: Voted one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.
- Lost out for the role in _Titanic (1997)_ (qv) which went to 'Billy Zane' (qv).
- Impersonated 'Robert Wagner (I)' (qv)'s voice for the young Number Two in _Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)_ (qv).
- 8/02: Quit the series _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv). Reports vary as to why, but it seems to have been a combination of salary dispute and screen-time dispute (the character he plays got less focus on the show in more recent episodes). He will appear in the first 16 episodes of the next season, though.
- His wife, 'Sheryl Berkoff' (qv), is a make-up artist.
- 'Mike Myers (I)' (qv) is known to have resurrected Rob's acting career. He and Rob became close friends while filming _Wayne's World (1992)_ (qv). Myers gave him an unbilled role in _Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997)_ (qv) (although the scene was deleted in editing) and gave him a role as the young Number Two in _Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999)_ (qv).