Mar. 17th, 1964
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Rob Lowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rob Lowe's family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the "Brat Pack", a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included 'Emilio Estevez', 'Charlie Sheen' and 'Judd Nelson', among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- 2000: Voted one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.
- 1987: Nominated for a supporting Golden Globe award for his performance as a retarded youth in _Square Dance (1987)_ (qv).
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- He appeared in 'John Parr (I)' (qv)'s "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)" music video.
- Is deaf in his right ear.
- Lost out for the role in _Titanic (1997)_ (qv) which went to 'Billy Zane' (qv).
- Brother of actor 'Chad Lowe (I)' (qv)
- One of the select few to be nominated for and subsequently "win" a Razzie Award and then not get another nomination again. Lowe "won" the 1986 Worst Supporting Actor Razzie for his performance in _St. Elmo's Fire (1985)_ (qv).