Mar. 17th, 1964
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Rob Lowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rob Lowe's family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the "Brat Pack", a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included 'Emilio Estevez', 'Charlie Sheen' and 'Judd Nelson', among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- His wife, 'Sheryl Berkoff' (qv), is a make-up artist.
- Lost out for the role in _Titanic (1997)_ (qv) which went to 'Billy Zane' (qv).
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- 1987: Nominated for a supporting Golden Globe award for his performance as a retarded youth in _Square Dance (1987)_ (qv).
- Rob has a younger brother, Justin, from his father's second marriage.
- Has the dubious distinction of having left a successful TV series (_"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv)), to having two failed TV series within a year (_"The Lyon's Den" (2003)_ (qv), _"Dr. Vegas" (2004)_ (qv)), both of which were canceled before running their full season.
- 2000: Voted one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.
- Was one of the nine original members of the 1980s "brat pack", along with 'Judd Nelson' (qv), 'Mare Winningham' (qv), 'Anthony Michael Hall' (qv), 'Demi Moore' (qv), 'Ally Sheedy' (qv), 'Molly Ringwald' (qv), 'Emilio Estevez' (qv) and 'Andrew McCarthy (I)' (qv).