Mar. 17th, 1964
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Rob Lowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rob Lowe's family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the "Brat Pack", a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included 'Emilio Estevez', 'Charlie Sheen' and 'Judd Nelson', among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- Brother of actor 'Chad Lowe (I)' (qv)
- 8/02: Quit the series _"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv). Reports vary as to why, but it seems to have been a combination of salary dispute and screen-time dispute (the character he plays got less focus on the show in more recent episodes). He will appear in the first 16 episodes of the next season, though.
- He appeared in 'John Parr (I)' (qv)'s "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)" music video.
- One of the select few to be nominated for and subsequently "win" a Razzie Award and then not get another nomination again. Lowe "won" the 1986 Worst Supporting Actor Razzie for his performance in _St. Elmo's Fire (1985)_ (qv).
- Father of Edward Matthew Lowe (b. 1993) and John Owen Lowe (b. 1995)
- 2003: Helped in the election of 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) as Governor of California.
- 1987: Nominated for a supporting Golden Globe award for his performance as a retarded youth in _Square Dance (1987)_ (qv).
- His wife, 'Sheryl Berkoff' (qv), is a make-up artist.