Mar. 17th, 1964
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Rob Lowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - The Invention of Lying
2005 - Thank You for Smoking
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2001 - Proximity
2000 - The Specials
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1997 - Contact
1996 - Mulholland Falls
1995 - Tommy Boy
1992 - Wayne's World
1990 - Bad Influence
1988 - Masquerade
1986 - About Last Night...
1986 - Youngblood
1985 - St. Elmo's Fire
1984 - The Hotel New Hampshire
1984 - Oxford Blues
1983 - The Outsiders
1983 - Class
Guest TV Roles
Robert Sherrod (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Captain Marvel (Voiced)
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rob Lowe's family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the "Brat Pack", a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen (I) and Judd Nelson, among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- He appeared in 'John Parr (I)' (qv)'s "St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion)" music video.
- Former brother-in-law of Oscar-winning actress 'Hilary Swank' (qv).
- Is deaf in his right ear.
- 2003: Helped in the election of 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) as Governor of California.
- Has the dubious distinction of having left a successful TV series (_"The West Wing" (1999)_ (qv)), to having two failed TV series within a year (_"The Lyon's Den" (2003)_ (qv), _"Dr. Vegas" (2004)_ (qv)), both of which were canceled before running their full season.
- Rob has a younger brother, Justin, from his father's second marriage.
- 1987: Nominated for a supporting Golden Globe award for his performance as a retarded youth in _Square Dance (1987)_ (qv).
- Is older half brother of 'Micah Dyer' (qv).