Mar. 17th, 1964
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Rob Lowe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Sex Tape
2009 - The Invention of Lying
2005 - Thank You for Smoking
2002 - Austin Powers in Goldmember
2001 - Proximity
2000 - The Specials
1999 - Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
1997 - Contact
1997 - Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
1996 - Mulholland Falls
1995 - Tommy Boy
1992 - Wayne's World
1990 - Bad Influence
1988 - Masquerade
1986 - About Last Night...
1986 - Youngblood
1985 - St. Elmo's Fire
1984 - The Hotel New Hampshire
1984 - Oxford Blues
1983 - The Outsiders
1983 - Class
Guest TV Roles
Robert Sherrod (Voiced)
Himself - Host
Captain Marvel (Voiced)
Born in Charlottesville, Virginia, Rob Lowe's family moved to Dayton, Ohio, when he was a child. He began modeling as a young boy and broke into acting in his teens. He spent the 1980s as a member of the "Brat Pack", a group of young, powerful and reckless actors and actresses that included Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen (I) and Judd Nelson, among others. In 1988 Lowe was involved in a scandal centering around a sexually explicit videotape which involved a minor, for which he did 20 hours of community service in Dayton. He subsequently sought help for his problems with drugs and alcohol and has re-emerged in the 1990s as a clean and sober husband and father.
- 2003: Helped in the election of 'Arnold Schwarzenegger' (qv) as Governor of California.
- Was one of the nine original members of the 1980s "brat pack", along with 'Judd Nelson' (qv), 'Mare Winningham' (qv), 'Anthony Michael Hall' (qv), 'Demi Moore' (qv), 'Ally Sheedy' (qv), 'Molly Ringwald' (qv), 'Emilio Estevez' (qv) and 'Andrew McCarthy (I)' (qv).
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1984" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 36.
- Brother of actor 'Chad Lowe (I)' (qv)
- 2000: Voted one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World by People magazine.
- Father of Edward Matthew Lowe (b. 1993) and John Owen Lowe (b. 1995)
- Former brother-in-law of Oscar-winning actress 'Hilary Swank' (qv).
- Was considered for the role of Dr. Derek Shepard on _"Grey's Anatomy" (2005)_ (qv).