Apr. 12th, 1978
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Riley Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Growing up in the heartland of Iowa, Hollywood seemed like the farthest thing from reality for Cedar Rapids born, Riley Smith. Before the Blonde haired green eyed boy was taller than the corn stocks on his family's quarter horse ranch, they knew he was destined for success on a larger scale. Discovered in a mall in his hometown, Riley was urged by a local talent scout, to fly to New York to compete at the International Modeling and Talent Association (IMTA) convention. The choice to do so, turned out to be a life changing one. There Riley not only picked up a Tommy Hilfiger modeling campaign, but signed with his agent to date, Abby Bluestone, at Innovative Artist. Turning down a college basketball scholarship, Riley stayed in New York, where he quickly began gracing the pages of magazines and billboards through modeling. Using the money he earned, Riley enrolled in a secret passion, acting class. Only three months into class and in the middle of a successful run in modeling, Riley was flown to Los Angeles, for a screen test for the 1998 WB pilot "Minor Threat". Riley landed his very first TV audition and relocated to LA. The Pilot never made the air, but Riley did. Riley has gone on to do Five Primetime network pilots, more than a dozen guest-starring roles, and three different series. He was on the cast list of Waner Bros. "Eight Legged Freaks", played Les the "Beautiful Weirdo" in Sony's "Not Another Teen Movie", "Johnny Clay" starring opposite Cuba Gooding Jr. and Ed Harris in the Revolution studios released feature "Radio". And the hot love interest of Ashley Olsen, in Warner Bros. "New York Minute". In 2004 he had a recurring role on the Emmy nominated show "Joan of Arcadia", the WB's summer hit "Summerland" and NBC's "Hiawaii".In 2005, Riley focused on feature films, landing the lead role opposite Nick Cannon and Mark Webber in the gritty indie "Weapons", he also scored lead roles in Independendents, "White Air", and "Graduation".
- Is the lead singer/guitarist for the band "The Life of Riley", which he started with musician Henri O'Connor.
- He was Ashton Kutcher's roommate in New York City at the IMTA convention after knowing each other in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, their hometown. Josh Duhamel also attended the same year.
- He was offered the role in "Spring break shark attack", after screen testing and almost landing the title role of "Elvis" for CBS.
- Was the President of the AQHYA (American Quarter Horse Youth Association) in 1996 - 1997. It is the largest single breed horse youth association in the world, with over 25,000 members.
- Roommates with Ashton Kutcher (1997)
- Had to learn how to ride a dirtbike for _Motocrossed (2001) (TV)_ (qv).
- Discovered by filmmaker David DeCoteau who cast Riley in his first lead role in Alien Arsenal. DeCoteau had writer Matt Walsh write Voodoo Academy as a starring vehicle for Riley after he saw his work in the dailies for Alien Arsenal.