Dec. 24th, 1971
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Ricky Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Fahrenheit 9/11
1999 - Idle Hands
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Member of Menudo
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - Special Guest
Ricky Martin initiated his singing career in the Latin all boy-band group 'Menudo". After leaving the group, he moved to New York to study acting. After finishing his studies, he relocated to Mexico where he performed as an actor in "Mama ama el Rock", "Alcanzar una Estrella II". In 1991, he began to focus his career as a soloist singer, eventually becoming an international superstar with the release of his self-titled English language album in 1996.
- Speaks 5 languages: Spanish, English, Portuguese, French & Italian.
- Sings the Spanish version of "Go the distance", main theme of Hercules (1997)
- Is the sponsor of three children in India.
- Is a vegetarian.
- Ricky has created the "Ricky Martin Foundation" which gave a million dollar worth of musical instrument to Puerto Rican public schools. The Foundation is also deeply involved in helping children who are victim of child prostitution and/or pornography, especially in India but also all around the world. According to Ricky, "this is the biggest problem our society is going to face within the next 10 years".
- Ranked #42 on VH1's 100 Sexiest Artists.
- Opened a restaurant in Miami beach, 'Casa Salsa' in 1999. The restaurant was later closed.
- His song, "The Cup of Life" was the official theme of the World Cup in France, for 1998.