Dec. 24th, 1971
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Ricky Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - member of Menudo
Born and raised in Puerto Rico, Ricky initiated his singing career in the Latin all boy-band group Menudo (I). After leaving the group, he moved to New York to study acting. After finishing his studies, he relocated to Mexico where he performed as actor in "Mama ama el Rock", "Alcanzar una Estrella II". In 1991, he began to focus his career as a soloist singer, eventually becoming an international superstar with the release of his self-titled English language album in 1996.
- Is the sponsor of three children in India.
- Sings the Spanish version of "Go the distance", main theme of Hercules (1997)
- Jon Secada, Desmond Child and Emilio Estefan have all been his music producers for his self-titled album.
- His nickname among his immediate family members is Kiki.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on October 16, 2007.
- Had a cameo in the film "Idle Hands", but the scene was deleted. He can still be seen in the background at the Burger Jungle carpark.
- (1999) Named one of "People" magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People
- Opened a restaurant in Miami beach, 'Casa Salsa' in 1999. The restaurant was later closed.