Dec. 24th, 1971
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Ricky Martin's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2004 - Fahrenheit 9/11
1999 - Idle Hands
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Guest
Himself - Member of Menudo
Himself - Musical Guest
Himself - Guest Judge
Ricky Martin initiated his singing career in the Latin all boy-band group 'Menudo". After leaving the group, he moved to New York to study acting. After finishing his studies, he relocated to Mexico where he performed as an actor in "Mama ama el Rock", "Alcanzar una Estrella II". In 1991, he began to focus his career as a soloist singer, eventually becoming an international superstar with the release of his self-titled English language album in 1996.
- Had a cameo in the film "Idle Hands", but the scene was deleted. He can still be seen in the background at the Burger Jungle carpark.
- Ricky has created the "Ricky Martin Foundation" which gave a million dollar worth of musical instrument to Puerto Rican public schools. The Foundation is also deeply involved in helping children who are victim of child prostitution and/or pornography, especially in India but also all around the world. According to Ricky, "this is the biggest problem our society is going to face within the next 10 years".
- Is the sponsor of three children in India.
- Received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on October 16, 2007.
- He was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6901 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- Sons, Valentino and Matteo.
- Welcomed twin sons Matteo and Valentino by gestational surrogate in early August 2008.