Nov. 20th, 1948
New York City, New York, USA
Richard Masur's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2007 - Lovely by Surprise
1997 - Fire Down Below
1996 - Multiplicity
1995 - Forget Paris
1994 - My Girl 2
1993 - The Man Without a Face
1993 - Bound by Honor
1993 - Six Degrees of Separation
1992 - Encino Man
1991 - My Girl
1990 - Flashback
1987 - The Believers
1986 - Heartburn
1985 - The Mean Season
1985 - My Science Project
1985 - The Falcon and the Snowman
1983 - Risky Business
1983 - Nightmares
1983 - Under Fire
1982 - The Thing
1982 - Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann
1979 - Scavenger Hunt
1979 - Hanover Street
1977 - Semi-Tough
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Mazur has also been active in the theatre with increasing frequency. His Broadway debut was in The Changing Room by David Storey (1973). More recently, Masur returned to Broadway in Michael Frayn's Democracy (2004-05), and, among his many off-Broadway and regional theatre appearances, are recent major roles in A Feminine Ending by Sarah Treem (Playwrights Horizons - 2007)and Mike Leigh's Two Thousand Years (The New Group - 2008).
- Sits on the Boards of The Hollywood Policy Center and The Creative Coalition, and has been deeply involved, for over six years, in the campaign for a U.S. National Health Program.
- Moved from being a familiar face for over 20 years in film and television to directing. His first project _Love Struck (1986)_ (qv), a 23-minute film which he both wrote and directed, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film. His ex-wife 'Fredda Weiss' (qv) produced the short.
- A graduate of the Yale School of Drama.
- "Served two 2-year terms as president of Screen Actors Guild, 1995-1999."
- (1995-1999) President of Screen Actors Guild (SAG).
- Remembered as 'Bonnie Franklin' (qv)'s lumpish, even-natured boyfriend in the earlier seasons of _"One Day at a Time" (1975)_ (qv).
- Versatile character actor whose quality TV movie roles over the years have ranged from playing a Senate investigator in _Adam (1983) (TV)_ (qv), to a child molester in the acclaimed _Fallen Angel (1981) (TV)_ (qv), to a gay cop in _When the Bough Breaks (1986) (TV)_ (qv). He also received an Emmy nomination for his performance, opposite 'Farrah Fawcett' (qv) (also nominated) as an abused wife and mother in _The Burning Bed (1984) (TV)_ (qv).
- Present wife Eileen Henry is a SAG New York branch President.
Related sites for this celeb