35 (passed away Nov. 27th, 1978)
Apr. 29th, 1943
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Richard Kelton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1976 - Logan's Run
1975 - The Ultimate Warrior
1974 - McQ
1967 - In Cold Blood
Guest TV Roles
Richard Duane Kelton was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, and was the only child of Fred and Glenna Kelton. While growing up in Miami, Oklahoma, he remembered watching James Dean (I) and cites him as his main influence on becoming an actor. After studying drama at The University of Kansas, he made his way to California where he made his debut playing "Bud" in an episode of "Gunsmoke" (1955). Soon after that he made his TV movie debut as "Lieutenant Charring" in Wild Women (1970) (TV). He continued in numerous other guest starring roles and a movie roles. He also played the role of "Nick" in the Broadway revival of "Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf" in 1976. He made his starring role as "Ficus" in the short-lived science fiction series "Quark" (1978). Later that year he was invited back to The University of Kansas to give a short seminar on films. He continued his career until his death in 1978.
- One child, Zachary (1974).
- Father died in 1996.
- Was a James Dean fan.
- Died after one day of filming the TV movie series "Centennial.".
- Auditioned for the role of "Captain Willard Decker" for the movie "Star Trek The Motion Picture".
- Shares the same birthday as Elmer Kelton
- 1976 Winner of the Theater World Award for his work on "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?"
- Taught Drama and Social Studies in Wellington, Kansas in 1969 before moving to California.
Related sites for this celeb