35 (passed away Nov. 27th, 1978)
Apr. 29th, 1943
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
Richard Kelton's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1976 - Logan's Run
1975 - The Ultimate Warrior
1974 - McQ
1967 - In Cold Blood
Guest TV Roles
Richard Duane Kelton was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, and was the only child of Fred and Glenna Kelton. While growing up in Miami, Oklahoma, he remembered watching James Dean (I) and cites him as his main influence on becoming an actor. After studying drama at The University of Kansas, he made his way to California where he made his debut playing "Bud" in an episode of "Gunsmoke" (1955). Soon after that he made his TV movie debut as "Lieutenant Charring" in Wild Women (1970) (TV). He continued in numerous other guest starring roles and a movie roles. He also played the role of "Nick" in the Broadway revival of "Who's Afraid Of Virginia Woolf" in 1976. He made his starring role as "Ficus" in the short-lived science fiction series "Quark" (1978). Later that year he was invited back to The University of Kansas to give a short seminar on films. He continued his career until his death in 1978.
- Graduated from Miami High School in 1961.
- Mother died in 1989.
- Died after going into trailer to study his lines.
- Father died in 1996.
- Held first job at 14 years old.
- Auditioned for the role of "Captain Willard Decker" for the movie "Star Trek The Motion Picture".
- Taught Drama and Social Studies in Wellington, Kansas in 1969 before moving to California.
- One child, Zachary (1974).
Related sites for this celeb