Aug. 4th, 1944
Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
Richard Belzer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles1999 - Man on the Moon
1998 - Species II
1996 - A Very Brady Sequel
1994 - The Puppet Masters
1994 - North
1993 - Mad Dog and Glory
1990 - The Bonfire of the Vanities
1989 - Fletch Lives
1988 - The Wrong Guys
1983 - Scarface
1982 - Night Shift
1982 - Author! Author!
1980 - Fame
1974 - The Groove Tube
Guest TV Roles
Det. John Munch
Himself - Comedian
Det. John Munch
A social misfit, was kicked out of every school he ever attended, due to his uncontrollable wit. His mother (Frances) died of breast cancer when Richard was 18. His father (Charles) committed suicide when he was 22. A dedication is written to him in Richard Belzer's "UFO's, JFK, and Elvis: Conspiracies You Don't Have To Be Crazy To Believe" (Ballantine Books, 1999).
- Friend of 'Richard Lewis (II)' (qv)'.
- Wrestler 'Hulk Hogan' (qv) hurt him while demonstrating a wrestling move on a 1986 TV show called _"Hot Properties" (1985)_ (qv). He was knocked unconscious and required stitches on his head. He sued Hogan for $5 million, but later settled out of court.
- Survived testicular cancer in 1984.
- Stepfather of 'Bree Benton (I)' (qv).
- Testified on behalf of a low-level criminal who ran onto the set of _"Homicide: Life on the Street" (1993)_ (qv) while fleeing actual Baltimore police and surrendered to the actors; Belzer said the look on the guy's face was sufficient punishment
- Was born on the same day that 'Anne Frank (I)' (qv) and her family were arrested by the Gestapo.
- Has appeared in episodes of three different television series with 'Jesse L. Martin' (qv): _"Law & Order" (1990)_ (qv), _"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999)_ (qv) and _"Law & Order: Trial by Jury" (2005)_ (qv).
- Appeared in episodes of three different series with 'Jerry Orbach' (qv): _"Law & Order" (1990)_ (qv), _"Homicide: Life on the Street" (1993)_ (qv), and _"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999)_ (qv).