Dec. 2nd, 1968
Arcadia, California, USA
Rena Sofer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rena was born in Arcadia, California. She moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania when her parents divorced. Her father is an orthodox Jewish Rabbi. Her mother teaches psychology. She was discovered at age 15 by a New York talent agent. She appeared on "Another World" (1964) for a short time and then went to "Loving" (1983), where she played "Rockie McKenzie". Her present role as "Lois Cerullo Ashton" on "General Hospital" (1963) has won her an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting actress, and a Soap Opera Digest Award for Outstanding Younger Actress. Rena is now married to director/producer Sanford Bookstaver.
- Her wedding to 'Sanford Bookstaver' (qv) was featured in the February 2004 issue of InStyle Magazine.
- (17 September 1996) Gave birth to a girl - Rosabel Rosalind Kurth. She weighed 7 lbs, 10 ounces. She was 20 1/2 inches with black hair and blue eyes. Her middle name comes from the recently deceased 'Rosalind Cash' (qv), whom both Rena and her (then) husband absolutely adored.
- Attended high school with actor 'Gene Gabriel' (qv).
- Her father is an Orthodox rabbi.
- (September 2002) Announced her engagement to director/producer 'Sanford Bookstaver' (qv).
- Daughter, Avalon Leone Bookstaver was born in Los Angeles at 5 a.m. on Aug. 5, 2005 and weighed in at 8 lbs. 14 oz
- She was married to 'Wallace Kurth' (qv) who plays her husband on _"General Hospital" (1963)_ (qv).