Nov. 6th, 1972
Berkeley, California, USA
Rebecca Romijn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Rebecca Romijn (pronounced Romaine, like the lettuce) (born November 6, 1972), in Berkeley, California. Her father was Dutch-born and worked as a custom-furniture maker; her mother was American-born, of Dutch descent, and was an English teacher. Rebecca attended Berkeley High School where her nickname was the "Jolly Blond Giant", then she attended the University of California at Santa Cruz where she majored in Music, but left in 1995.
Romijn (in her own words): "I was a freshman at UC Santa Cruz, really poor, and restless to see the world. I used to sit in my dorm room, thinking, "I just know I'm missing out on something. But, of course, I had no money. And so this friend hooked me up with an agency and it happened very quickly. I moved to Paris, got a cover of French Elle, and stayed for two and a half years". This tall (5' 11") blond-haired, blue-eyed beauty was a natural for modeling, and has posed for Sports Illustrated, 'Christian Dior' and Victoria's Secret, to name but a few. Rebecca first met 'John Stamos' in 1994, at a Victoria's Secret Fashion Show and had her first date with him at Disneyland. They married in September 1998, but have since gotten divorced.
Romijn's favorite foods are fillet mignon, tuna sashimi and Hagen-Dazs Cappuccino Commotion ice cream. But to keep her weight at a svelte 130 pounds, she stays fit with a rigorous stretching and strengthening routine (her firm body tone is evident when compared to photos of her earlier modeling, where she was very slim but not toned).
Romijn's most famous movie role, so far, was as the shape-shifting "Mystique" in X-Men (2000), based on the long-running comic book series about teenage mutant superheroes (that 'Jack Kirby' and 'Stan Lee' created in 1962). To play "Mystique" every day, Romijn had to start out nude, and then two female makeup artists would apply blue body paint and other stick-on parts for 8 hours a day. Romijn told 'Jay Leno' on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno (1992) that things like tissue paper would stick to her hips; and, one day, the long hours of wearing sticky paint makeup made her so upset that director 'Bryan Singer' told her to have a glass of white wine and relax. Notwithstanding those technical difficulties, X-Men (2000) was a box-office bonanza, and Romijn's future in films was assured.
- On December 28, 2008, Rebecca and Jerry welcomed fraternal twin daughters, Dolly Rebecca Rose and Charlie Tamara Tulip.
- One of People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People (1999).
- Ranked #60 on VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties
- Announced her engagement to actor 'Jerry O'Connell' (qv) in September 2005.
- When she was young, her parents didn't have money, so she had to shop at Value Village.
- She and her ex-husband 'John Stamos' (qv), have both guest-starred on the TV show _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv), though not in the same episode.
- Born on the same day as actress 'Thandie Newton' (qv).
- Has starred in four movies based on Marvel comic book characters: _X-Men (2000)_ (qv), _X2 (2003)_ (qv), _The Punisher (2004)_ (qv) and _X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)_ (qv).