Feb. 19th, 1957
Hackney, London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in London, Ray Winstone (I) was an amateur boxer who won all of his senior fights. He was therefore a natural for the role of boxer "Kenny Fox" in the TV series "Fox" (1980), which started his acting career. Ray has appeared in films such as Scum (1979), Quadrophenia (1979), That Summer (1979) and Tank Malling (1989). He has appeared in TV series too numerous to list, which include "Robin of Sherwood" (1984), "Minder" (1979), "Boon" (1986), "C.A.T.S. Eyes" (1985), "Pulaski" (1987), "Palmer", "Get Back" (1992) and, his most recent one, "Ghostbusters of East Finchley" (1995).
- One of 105 people invited to join AMPAS in 2008.
- Will be conducting an Acting Masterclass at the Cinemagic World screen Festival for Young People 2002, in Belfast N.Ireland.
- Has three children: 'Lois Winstone' (qv) (born 1982), a singer with the London-based hip-hop group "Crack Village" who also played his on-screen daughter in _Last Orders (2001)_ (qv) and got a part in four episodes of _"The Bill" (1984)_ (qv), 'Jaime Winstone' (qv) (born 1985) also an actress with ambitions to be a director, and Ellie (born 2001).
- Supports West Ham United Football Club
- Son of a greengrocer.
- The Robin of Sherwood International fanclub can be reached by sending a SASE or IRC to Spirit of Sherwood, 1276 W. Marshall, Ferndale, Michigan 48220, USA or email ChrisRHood@aol.com
- Is currently learning to ride a horse.
- Starred in the short lived TV series _"Ghostbusters of East Finchley" (1995)_ (qv). Although this series was completely unrelated to _Ghost Busters (1984)_ (qv), the original Ghostbusters had characters named Ray and Winston.