Feb. 19th, 1957
Hackney, London, England, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in London, Ray Winstone (I) was an amateur boxer who won all of his senior fights. He was therefore a natural for the role of boxer "Kenny Fox" in the TV series "Fox" (1980), which started his acting career. Ray has appeared in films such as Scum (1979), Quadrophenia (1979), That Summer (1979) and Tank Malling (1989). He has appeared in TV series too numerous to list, which include "Robin of Sherwood" (1984), "Minder" (1979), "Boon" (1986), "C.A.T.S. Eyes" (1985), "Pulaski" (1987), "Palmer", "Get Back" (1992) and, his most recent one, "Ghostbusters of East Finchley" (1995).
- Will be conducting an Acting Masterclass at the Cinemagic World screen Festival for Young People 2002, in Belfast N.Ireland.
- One of 105 people invited to join AMPAS in 2008.
- Has three children: 'Lois Winstone' (qv) (born 1982), a singer with the London-based hip-hop group "Crack Village" who also played his on-screen daughter in _Last Orders (2001)_ (qv) and got a part in four episodes of _"The Bill" (1984)_ (qv), 'Jaime Winstone' (qv) (born 1985) also an actress with ambitions to be a director, and Ellie (born 2001).
- Supports West Ham United Football Club
- Recently turned down a considerable amount of money to star in a big-budget police drama in the US because he didn't want to drag his family over to Baltimore for seven months of the year for five years - and he didn't want one-year-old Ellie to grow up with an American accent.
- The Robin of Sherwood International fanclub can be reached by sending a SASE or IRC to Spirit of Sherwood, 1276 W. Marshall, Ferndale, Michigan 48220, USA or email ChrisRHood@aol.com
- Starred in the short lived TV series _"Ghostbusters of East Finchley" (1995)_ (qv). Although this series was completely unrelated to _Ghost Busters (1984)_ (qv), the original Ghostbusters had characters named Ray and Winston.
- Is currently learning to ride a horse.