Dec. 21st, 1957
Queens, New York, USA
6' 2 1/2"
Ray Romano's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Funny People
2009 - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
2007 - The Grand
2006 - Grilled
2006 - Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
2004 - Welcome to Mooseport
2002 - Comedian
2002 - Ice Age
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Himself - Actor (segment "Everybody Does Love Raymond")
[no bio found]
- First comedy performance was in a comedy troop called No Talent.
- Graduated from CUNY Queens College in Flushing, New York.
- Ray originally planned to become an accountant.
- Won a Cable Ace Award for _"Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist" (1995)_ (qv) (for Best Animated Programming Special or Series) in 1995 as one of the writers.
- Was originally cast in the role of technician Ted Garelli on _"NewsRadio" (1995)_ (qv) but left after negotiations with writers about a sitcom starring him, namely _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv), airing the following year. The role was replaced by 'Joe Rogan (I)' (qv), and after a few days of shooting the cast decided it was easier to call the character Joe Garelli.
- He met his wife, Anna, when both worked at the Williamsburg Savings Bank in Queens, New York in 1982. He asked out two other co-workers before he asked Anna, and she was the only one who said yes.
- Best known by the public for his starring role as the title character in _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv).
- The flashback episode of _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv), in which Ray Barone first meets his future wife, he is delivering a futon. After Ray Romano's bank-teller job (where he met his real wife, Anna), he worked as a futon delivery-man before he tried stand-up comedy.