Dec. 21st, 1957
Queens, New York, USA
6' 2 1/2
Ray Romano's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - Rob the Mob
2012 - Ice Age: Continental Drift
2012 - ted
2009 - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
2009 - Funny People
2007 - The Grand
2006 - Grilled
2006 - Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
2004 - Welcome to Mooseport
2002 - Ice Age
2002 - Comedian
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ray Romano was born in Queens, New York, the son of Lucie, a piano teacher, and Albert Romano (1925 – March 2010), a real estate agent and engineer. He is from an Italian American background, and grew up in the Forest Hills neighborhood of Queens.He has an older brother Richard (born 1956), a sergeant with the NYPD, and a younger brother Robert (born 1965 or 1966), asecond grade teacher in New York City. Romano married his wife, Anna, on October 11, 1987. They met while working at a bank together. They have four children: one daughter, Alexandra (born 1990), and three sons: twins Matthew and Gregory (born 1993), and Joseph Raymond (born February 16, 1998).
Romano's on-screen daughter for Everybody Loves Raymond was named after his real-life daughter. Also, in the series pilot, Ray and Debra's twin boys were named after Gregory and Matthew, Romano's real twin sons, but Romano felt it was too weird to have all his TV kids have the same names as his real kids, so they changed the twins' names to Geoffrey and Michael on screen. He also said his brother was not pleased with Ray Barone's TV brother.
Romano's family has made various appearances in the show. Romano's real-life daughter Alexandra "Ally" Romano made several appearances on Everybody Loves Raymond as Molly, the best friend of his on-screen daughter, Ally, and the daughter of Ray Barone's nemesis, Peggy the Cookie Lady. Romano's father, Albert Romano, has made various appearances as "Albert", one of Frank Barone's lodge buddies in various episodes such as "Debra at the Lodge", and "Boys' Therapy". Romano's brother, Richard Romano, has appeared in the episodes "Golf For It", "Just a Formality" and "The Toaster".
In February 2012, Romano revealed that his wife, Anna, had successfully battled stage one breast cancer in 2010. Romano told People magazine that "the reason we're going public is to share our experience, yeah, but to have an effect. Our goal is to help people."
- Named one of E!'s "Top 20 Entertainers of 2001."
- Best known by the public for his starring role as the title character in _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv).
- Won a Cable Ace Award for _"Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist" (1995)_ (qv) (for Best Animated Programming Special or Series) in 1995 as one of the writers.
- Shares his birthday with actor 'Kiefer Sutherland' (qv).
- Currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Lived at home with his parents until he was 29 years old.
- Dropped out of Archbishop Molloy High School in Briarwood, New York to go to Hillcrest High School. One of his brothers, however, did graduate from AMHS.
- He met his wife, Anna, when both worked at the Williamsburg Savings Bank in Queens, New York in 1982. He asked out two other co-workers before he asked Anna, and she was the only one who said yes.