Dec. 21st, 1957
Queens, New York, USA
6' 2 1/2
Ray Romano's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Funny People
2009 - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
2007 - The Grand
2006 - Grilled
2006 - Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
2004 - Welcome to Mooseport
2002 - Comedian
2002 - Ice Age
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Host
Himself - Guest
Ray Magini (Voiced)
Ray Romano was born in Queens, New York, the son of Lucie, a piano teacher, and Albert Romano (1925 – March 2010), a real estate agent and engineer. He is from an Italian American background, and grew up in the Forest Hills neighborhood of Queens.He has an older brother Richard (born 1956), a sergeant with the NYPD, and a younger brother Robert (born 1965 or 1966), asecond grade teacher in New York City. Romano married his wife, Anna, on October 11, 1987. They met while working at a bank together. They have four children: one daughter, Alexandra (born 1990), and three sons: twins Matthew and Gregory (born 1993), and Joseph Raymond (born February 16, 1998).
Romano's on-screen daughter for Everybody Loves Raymond was named after his real-life daughter. Also, in the series pilot, Ray and Debra's twin boys were named after Gregory and Matthew, Romano's real twin sons, but Romano felt it was too weird to have all his TV kids have the same names as his real kids, so they changed the twins' names to Geoffrey and Michael on screen. He also said his brother was not pleased with Ray Barone's TV brother.
Romano's family has made various appearances in the show. Romano's real-life daughter Alexandra "Ally" Romano made several appearances on Everybody Loves Raymond as Molly, the best friend of his on-screen daughter, Ally, and the daughter of Ray Barone's nemesis, Peggy the Cookie Lady. Romano's father, Albert Romano, has made various appearances as "Albert", one of Frank Barone's lodge buddies in various episodes such as "Debra at the Lodge", and "Boys' Therapy". Romano's brother, Richard Romano, has appeared in the episodes "Golf For It", "Just a Formality" and "The Toaster".
In February 2012, Romano revealed that his wife, Anna, had successfully battled stage one breast cancer in 2010. Romano told People magazine that "the reason we're going public is to share our experience, yeah, but to have an effect. Our goal is to help people."
- Father of 4 children: Alexandra (born 1990), twins Matthew and Gregory (born 1993) and Joseph Raymond (born 16 February, 1998).
- The flashback episode of _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv), in which Ray Barone first meets his future wife, he is delivering a futon. After Ray Romano's bank-teller job (where he met his real wife, Anna), he worked as a futon delivery-man before he tried stand-up comedy.
- Best known by the public for his starring role as the title character in _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv).
- Ray Barone, Romano's character on _"Everybody Loves Raymond" (1996)_ (qv), was ranked #10 in TV Guide's list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" [20 June 2004 issue].
- 'Michael Brock (III)' (qv) also attended Hillcrest High School with Fran Drescher and Ray Romano.
- Currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Was among the guests at 'Kevin James (III)' (qv)' wedding to 'Steffiana De La Cruz' (qv).
- Won a Cable Ace Award for _"Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist" (1995)_ (qv) (for Best Animated Programming Special or Series) in 1995 as one of the writers.