Oct. 1st, 1950
Houston, Texas, USA
6' 4 1/2"
Guest TV Roles
Anthony's Dad (Voiced)
Hollywood's most extreme character star.... Randy Quaid has never been timelier. Randy, a man who took a bus to Hollywood with nothing but raw talent, is now a proven and current vast and varied star with that one other sustaining asset - he is a great and much admired actor on the world's stage and television and feature film screens and an actor that has been recognized by Hollywood and the worlds finest directors.
Randy, who earned a Golden Globe portraying Lyndon Johnson (I), received a nomination in this years race for incarnating another memorable real life character, "Colonel" Tom Parker. The portrait of Colonel Parker, a former carnival barker with a murky past, is dark. The New York Times said "Mr. Quaid is riveting as the bully of Graceland", when he has Elvis firmly under his thumb, he is the L.B.J. of rock 'n' roll - a towering, wheedling, tirelessly self-promoting Southern fox in the rare instances when Elvis defies him, Colonel Parker shrinks into a hand-wringing phony, cajoling his only client in the overly ornate language of Professor Marvel in "The Wizard of Oz".
Quaid stars in and Was nominated for a SAG award for his work in Brokeback Mountain (2005), directed by Ang Lee from a script written by Larry McMurtry, who also wrote The Last Picture Show (1971) in which Randy had his first feature film role. Working with McMurtry and supporting his material has become a Randy Quaid career tradition. Quaid's performance in Brokeback Mountain (2005) was listed as one of the New York Observer's 2005 Noteworthy male performances.
Randy's upcoming roles on the big screen continue his bold appetite for challenges. He most recently finished filming Goya's Ghosts (2006) for director Milos Forman. Forman cast Randy as "King Carlos IV of Spain" after seeing his Golden globe nominated performance as The Colonel. In Last Flag Flying (2010), to be directed by Richard Linklater, he will reprise his Academy award nominated performance in the sequel to The Last Detail (1973).
- Sings in the animated movie _Home on the Range (2004)_ (qv).
- Third cousin of 'Gene Autry (I)' (qv).
- Enjoys painting in his spare time.
- (July 2008) Attended the 43rd Karlovy Vary Film Festival in the Czech Republic.
- Arrived in Hollywood, worked on Hollywood Boulevard as a janitor and within one year was nominated for an Oscar for _The Last Detail (1973)_ (qv).
- Married his wife Evi twice, once in Monticeto California at the same place Jackie Kennedy was married and once in Hollywood close to his favorite Hotel and Walk of Fame star.
- Colored his hair red and rented a fake full length fur coat from Universal for the Slam Dance opening night for his film Real Time, the second film to be featured at Slam Dance starring Randy Quaid.
- Was directed by wife 'Evi Quaid' (qv) in _The Debtors (1999)_ (qv).