Dec. 22nd, 1962
Ipswich, Suffolk, England, UK
Ralph Fiennes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2010 - Cemetery Junction
2010 - Clash of the Titans
2010 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
2010 - Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang
2008 - The Duchess
2008 - The Reader
2008 - In Bruges
2008 - The Hurt Locker
2007 - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2006 - Land of the Blind
2005 - The White Countess
2005 - The Constant Gardener
2005 - The Chumscrubber
2005 - Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
2005 - Chromophobia
2005 - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
2002 - Spider
2002 - Red Dragon
2002 - Maid in Manhattan
1999 - The End of the Affair
1999 - Onegin
1999 - Sunshine
1998 - The Avengers
1998 - The Prince of Egypt
1997 - Oscar and Lucinda
1996 - The English Patient
1995 - Strange Days
1994 - Quiz Show
1993 - The Baby of Mâcon
1993 - Schindler's List
Guest TV Roles
Eldest of 6 children born to photographer Mark Fiennes and his wife, Jini - aka Jennifer Lash - a novelist. Siblings are Martha Fiennes, a director; Magnus, a musician; Sophie, a producer; and twins Joseph Fiennes, an actor, and Jacob, a gamekeeper. Foster brother Michael (Mick) is an archaeologist. Cousin is British explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes. Attended Bishop Wordsworth Boys' School, the Chelsea College of Art & Design, and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. Joined Britain's Royal National Theatre in 1987 and the Royal Shakespeare Company in 1988.
- On 3 March 2001, he received the 'William Shakespeare (I)' (qv) Award from the Shakespeare Theatre in Washington DC. Past recipients include 'Mel Gibson (I)' (qv), 'Patrick Stewart (I)' (qv), 'Lynn Redgrave' (qv), 'Kenneth Branagh' (qv) and 'Kevin Kline (I)' (qv).
- When he noticed that children watching the filming were scared of him as "Voldemort" in _Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)_ (qv), he knew he had the character right.
- His performance as "Amon Goeth" in _Schindler's List (1993)_ (qv) is ranked #61 on Premiere Magazine's 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- Broke up with 'Francesca Annis' (qv) [February 7, 2006].
- 8th cousin of 'Prince Charles' (qv).
- Name pronounced "Rafe Fines".
- He and his brother, 'Joseph Fiennes' (qv), have both worked with 'Cate Blanchett' (qv) (_Oscar and Lucinda (1997)_ (qv) and _Elizabeth (1998)_ (qv)), 'Rachel Weisz' (qv) (_The Constant Gardener (2005)_ (qv) and _Enemy at the Gates (2001)_ (qv)) and 'Liv Tyler' (qv) (_Onegin (1999)_ (qv) and _Stealing Beauty (1996)_ (qv)).
- (October 1997) Ranked #34 in Empire (UK) magazine's "The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time" list.