Jan. 20th, 1966
Seattle, Washington, USA
6' 2 1/2"
Rainn Wilson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - Uncanny
2015 - Cooties
2013 - The Stream
2011 - Fight for Your Right Revisited
2011 - Super
2011 - Hesher
2011 - Peep World
2009 - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
2008 - The Rocker
2007 - Juno
2007 - The Last Mimzy
2006 - My Super Ex-Girlfriend
2005 - Sahara
2003 - How to Get the Man's Foot Outta Your Ass
2003 - House of 1000 Corpses
2002 - Full Frontal
2001 - America's Sweethearts
2000 - Almost Famous
1999 - Galaxy Quest
Guest TV Roles
Video Match Client
Himself - Guest
Rainn Wilson lives in Los Angeles with his wife, fiction writer Holiday Reinhorn (Big Cats), and his son, Walter McKenzie Wilson who was born in 2004. He grew up in Seattle, Washington but graduated from New Trier H.S. in Winnetka, Illinois. After attending both Tufts University and the University of Washington, Rainn studied acting at NYU's graduate acting program and spent years doing theater both on and off-Broadway, on tours with the Acting Company and in region theatre including The Guthrie and Arena Stage.
Rainn co-created and directed The New Bozena, a sketch comedy and post-modern clown show which performed in New York and ended up doing a pilot presentation at Fox TV. He made his directorial debut with a short film based on the show.
After many years of working in TV and film, his breakthrough role happened, as Arthur, the odd love interest to the much older Frances Conroy on "Six Feet Under" (2001). His favorite role to date, however, is Bill Harris in the film, How to Get the Man's Foot Outta Your Ass (2003).
Rainn is a member of the Baha'i Faith.
- Deadpan character actor famous for his geeky, bespectacled loser, most notably on TV and, more recently, film.
- Son Walter McKenzie born in 2004.
- Played clarinet and bassoon in the high school band.
- Rainn is the co-creator and host of SoulPancake.com, a website that links spirituality and creativity and 'chews on life's big questions'.
- Rainn writes the blogs for his character Dwight Schrute on the website for his show _"The Office" (2005)_ (qv).
- He was born at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle.
- MFA in Acting - New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1989)
- Got his start in theater as a member of the Acting Company and remained for several years. Appeared in Long Day's Journey Into Night at the Arena Stage and performed at the Guthrie and other theatrical venues as well.