Jul. 27th, 1946
Bunic kraj Korenice, Croatia
Rade Serbedzija's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2014 - The Legend of Hercules
2013 - The Double
2010 - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I
2008 - Quarantine
2008 - The Eye
2007 - Battle in Seattle
2007 - Fugitive Pieces
2007 - Love Life
2007 - Shooter
2006 - Moscow Zero
2005 - The Fog
2005 - Batman Begins
2004 - EuroTrip
2002 - The Quiet American
2000 - Mission: Impossible II
2000 - Snatch.
2000 - Space Cowboys
1999 - Eyes Wide Shut
1999 - Stigmata
1998 - Mighty Joe Young
1998 - Polish Wedding
1997 - La tregua
1997 - The Saint
1994 - Before the Rain
1988 - Hanna's War
Guest TV Roles
Himself - Actor (segment "Angelina")
Rade Serbedzija was born in Bunic (Korenica) in 1946. Graduated from the Academy of Dramatic Arts in Zagreb. Still a student, he started to play the leading roles in films and theater productions. He is remembered as an outstanding Peer Gynt, Don Juan, Georgij, Melkior, Oedipus, Hamlet, Leon and Richard III. He wrote and published four books of poetry and released four albums, as well as directed 12 plays (Balade Petrice Kerempuha, Kazu da je sova nekad bila pekareva kci, Judita, Hrvatski slavuj...). He shot more than seventy films (Rdece klasje (1970), Zadah tela (1983), Hajka (1977), Vecernja zvona (1986), Bravo maestro (1978), Variola vera (1982), Una (1984), Usijanje (1979), Zivot je lep (1985), Kiklop (1982), Povratak (1979), Horvatov izbor (1985), San o ruzi (1986), Kontesa Dora (1993)...), and starred in leading roles of several TV-series (Sam covjek, "U registraturi" (1976), "Prosjaci i sinovi" (1971), Bombaski proces (1978) (TV), "Nikola Tesla" (1977), "Putovanje u Vucjak" (1986)...). He joined Vanessa Redgrave to found a theater that produced plays such as Brecht in exile, Liberation of Skopje, Smoke, Opera Sarajevo. He took part in many charity and peace initiatives. After a world famous film Before the Rain (1994) where he played the leading role, he was cast in films by prominent directors of the world (P. Noyce, J. Woo, S. Kubrick, F. Rossi...), in films such as The Saint (1997) (P. Noyce), La tregua (1997) (F. Rossi), Prague Duet (1998), Broken English (1996), Eyes Wide Shut (1999) (S. Kubrick), Polish Wedding (1998), Stigmata (1999), Mighty Joe Young (1998), Il dolce rumore della vita (1999), Mare largo (1998), Mission: Impossible II (2000), Space Cowboys (2000), Snatch. (2000), and in South Pacific (2001) (TV), Hermano (2007), Quicksand (2003), currently in post-production. He starred alongside Val Kilmer, Elisabeth Shue, John Turturro, Tom Cruise, Glenn Close. He lives in London.
- One of the favorite actors of Macedonian director 'Milcho Manchevski' (qv). He and Manchevski worked together on Oscar nominated movie _Before the Rain (1994)_ (qv).
- His neighbor in America is 'Benicio Del Toro' (qv).
- Father of 'Lucija Serbedzija' (qv).
- Won Golden Arena (Pula Film Festival) for his role in _Bravo maestro (1978)_ (qv) and in _Vecernja zvona (1986)_ (qv).
- On the London stage, he won critical praise for his work in Colin Redgrave's Moving Theatre Company staging of "Brecht in Hollywood" (1994).
- For the role of Athos in _Fugitive Pieces (2007)_ (qv) he won award for best actor at Rome Film Fest and was nominated for Satellite Award and Genie Award for the same role.
- One of the greatest Croatian stage and screen actors.
- He was a professor of Acting at Academy of Arts in Novi Sad, Serbia.