Dec. 18th, 1968
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rachel Griffiths' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - Beautiful Kate
2006 - Step Up
2003 - Ned Kelly
2002 - The Rookie
2002 - The Hard Word
2001 - Blow
2001 - Blow Dry
1998 - Hilary and Jackie
1997 - My Best Friend's Wedding
1997 - Welcome to Woop Woop
1996 - Jude
1996 - To Have & to Hold
1994 - Muriel's Wedding
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Appearance
Her mother, Anna Griffiths, is an art consultant. Her uncle is a Jesuit priest. Has two older brothers. One brother, Ben, is a ski instructor. Lived on the Gold Coast, Queensland until age five, then moved to Melbourne. Attended Star of the Sea Catholic Girls' College, did well at school and learned ballet. When she was 11, her father left home with an 18 year old woman. She hasn't seen him for years. Her mother was an art teacher at the time and raised the children alone. Has an Education Degree in dance and drama. Worked for the theatre company The Woolly Jumpers, in Geelong. Made famous by Muriel's Wedding (1994).
- Often mistaken for actress 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv), to whom she bears a striking resemblance
- Daughter, Adelaide Rose Taylor, was born at 8 lbs, in Los Angeles, California [June 23, 2005] with husband 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv).
- Rachel and her husband, 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv), are reportedly donating all their wedding gifts and money from sales of their wedding photographs to the Sacred Heart Mission in Melbourne, Australia.
- Was involved with actor 'Eric Stoltz' (qv) while in England filming _Very Annie Mary (2001) (TV)_ (qv).
- Son, Banjo Patrick Taylor, born in Melbourne, Australia [November 22, 2003] with husband 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv).
- Once said to 'Bill Hunter (I)' (qv), in a bout of insecurity, on the set of _Muriel's Wedding (1994)_ (qv), "I'm kinda waiting for them to find out that I can't act". He encouraged her with the reply, "Rachel, I've been waiting 40 years, and they never find out!"
- Married her husband in a moonlit ceremony, on New Year's Eve in their hometown of Melbourne, Australia.
- Plays Ermine Jung, George's ('Johnny Depp' (qv)'s) mother, in _Blow (2001)_ (qv), although she's actually five years younger than Depp.