Dec. 18th, 1968
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rachel Griffiths' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Her mother, Anna Griffiths, is an art consultant. Her uncle is a Jesuit priest. Has two older brothers. One brother, Ben, is a ski instructor. Lived on the Gold Coast, Queensland until age five, then moved to Melbourne. Attended Star of the Sea Catholic Girls' College, did well at school and learned ballet. When she was 11, her father left home with an 18 year old woman. She hasn't seen him for years. Her mother was an art teacher at the time and raised the children alone. Has an Education Degree in dance and drama. Worked for the theatre company The Woolly Jumpers, in Geelong. Made famous by Muriel's Wedding (1994).
- Married her husband in a moonlit ceremony, on New Year's Eve in their hometown of Melbourne, Australia.
- Plays 'Dennis Quaid' (qv)'s wife in _The Rookie (2002/I)_ (qv) and 'Val Kilmer' (qv)'s wife in _"Comanche Moon" (2008)_ (qv). Quaid played "Doc" Holliday in _Wyatt Earp (1994)_ (qv), and Kilmer played the same part in _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv).
- Graduated from Victoria College in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia with a bachelors degree in Education.
- Daughter, Adelaide Rose Taylor, was born at 8 lbs, in Los Angeles, California [June 23, 2005] with husband 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv).
- Son, Banjo Patrick Taylor, born in Melbourne, Australia [November 22, 2003] with husband 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv).
- Daughter, Clementine Grace, was born [June 21, 2009] with husband Andrew Taylor.
- Often mistaken for actress 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv), to whom she bears a striking resemblance
- Once said to 'Bill Hunter (I)' (qv), in a bout of insecurity, on the set of _Muriel's Wedding (1994)_ (qv), "I'm kinda waiting for them to find out that I can't act". He encouraged her with the reply, "Rachel, I've been waiting 40 years, and they never find out!"