Dec. 18th, 1968
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rachel Griffiths' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Her mother, Anna Griffiths, is an art consultant. Her uncle is a Jesuit priest. Has two older brothers. One brother, Ben, is a ski instructor. Lived on the Gold Coast, Queensland until age five, then moved to Melbourne. Attended Star of the Sea Catholic Girls' College, did well at school and learned ballet. When she was 11, her father left home with an 18 year old woman. She hasn't seen him for years. Her mother was an art teacher at the time and raised the children alone. Has an Education Degree in dance and drama. Worked for the theatre company The Woolly Jumpers, in Geelong. Made famous by Muriel's Wedding (1994).
- Ran topless through Melbourne's Crown Casino on its opening night in protest. Was asked by media why she felt the need to do so and replied :"If I didn't flash my tits, you wouldn't have put me in the paper!"
- Plays 'Dennis Quaid' (qv)'s wife in _The Rookie (2002/I)_ (qv) and 'Val Kilmer' (qv)'s wife in _"Comanche Moon" (2008)_ (qv). Quaid played "Doc" Holliday in _Wyatt Earp (1994)_ (qv), and Kilmer played the same part in _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv).
- Daughter, Clementine Grace, was born [June 21, 2009] with husband Andrew Taylor.
- Once said to 'Bill Hunter (I)' (qv), in a bout of insecurity, on the set of _Muriel's Wedding (1994)_ (qv), "I'm kinda waiting for them to find out that I can't act". He encouraged her with the reply, "Rachel, I've been waiting 40 years, and they never find out!"
- Plays Ermine Jung, George's ('Johnny Depp' (qv)'s) mother, in _Blow (2001)_ (qv), although she's actually five years younger than Depp.
- Was involved with actor 'Eric Stoltz' (qv) while in England filming _Very Annie Mary (2001) (TV)_ (qv).
- Rachel and her husband, 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv), are reportedly donating all their wedding gifts and money from sales of their wedding photographs to the Sacred Heart Mission in Melbourne, Australia.
- Often mistaken for actress 'Juliette Lewis (I)' (qv), to whom she bears a striking resemblance