Dec. 18th, 1968
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Rachel Griffiths' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Her mother, Anna Griffiths, is an art consultant. Her uncle is a Jesuit priest. Has two older brothers. One brother, Ben, is a ski instructor. Lived on the Gold Coast, Queensland until age five, then moved to Melbourne. Attended Star of the Sea Catholic Girls' College, did well at school and learned ballet. When she was 11, her father left home with an 18 year old woman. She hasn't seen him for years. Her mother was an art teacher at the time and raised the children alone. Has an Education Degree in dance and drama. Worked for the theatre company The Woolly Jumpers, in Geelong. Made famous by Muriel's Wedding (1994).
- Rachel and her husband, 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv), are reportedly donating all their wedding gifts and money from sales of their wedding photographs to the Sacred Heart Mission in Melbourne, Australia.
- (3 June 2002) Announced her engagement to Australian artist 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv).
- Son, Banjo Patrick Taylor, born in Melbourne, Australia [November 22, 2003] with husband 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv).
- Daughter, Adelaide Rose Taylor, was born at 8 lbs, in Los Angeles, California [June 23, 2005] with husband 'Andrew Taylor (IX)' (qv).
- Married her husband in a moonlit ceremony, on New Year's Eve in their hometown of Melbourne, Australia.
- Plays 'Dennis Quaid' (qv)'s wife in _The Rookie (2002/I)_ (qv) and 'Val Kilmer' (qv)'s wife in _"Comanche Moon" (2008)_ (qv). Quaid played "Doc" Holliday in _Wyatt Earp (1994)_ (qv), and Kilmer played the same part in _Tombstone (1993)_ (qv).
- Plays Ermine Jung, George's ('Johnny Depp' (qv)'s) mother, in _Blow (2001)_ (qv), although she's actually five years younger than Depp.
- Ran topless through Melbourne's Crown Casino on its opening night in protest. Was asked by media why she felt the need to do so and replied :"If I didn't flash my tits, you wouldn't have put me in the paper!"