Feb. 22nd, 1966
Lexington, Massachusetts, USA
Rachel Dratch's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - I Hate Valentine's Day
2009 - My Life In Ruins
2009 - Spring Breakdown
2007 - I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
2006 - Click
2005 - Winter Passing
2005 - The Pleasure Drivers
2005 - Her Minor Thing
2003 - The Hebrew Hammer
2003 - After School Special
2003 - Down with Love
2002 - Martin & Orloff
Guest TV Roles
Joyce Mandrake (Voiced)
Rachel Dratch grew up in Lexington, Massachusetts. After graduating from Dartmouth College with a degree in Drama and Psychology, she moved out to Chicago where she studied with Del Close at Improvolympic. She was on the house team, "Victim's Family" with Adam McKay. Rachel went on to tour with the Second City Touring Company and eventually advanced to the Second City Mainstage where she appeared in four revues: Pinata Full Of Bees, Citizen Gates, Paradigm Lost, and Promisekeepers Losers Weepers. For the latter two she received the Joseph Jefferson Award for Best Actress in a Revue. After leaving the mainstage, she wrote and performed in the 2-person sketch show Dratch And Fey with Tina Fey. The show was seen at Second City, Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in NYC, and the Aspen Comedy Festival. In the fall of 1999, Rachel joined the cast of Saturday Night Live, where she performed for 7 years. Her memorable characters include Boston teen Denise, the "Lovers" professors with Will Ferrell, junior high school student Sheldon, and Debbie Downer.
- Graduated from Dartmouth College, class of 1988.
- With seven full season (at the end of this one) under her belt, she will be the longest running female cast member. She is also the first female cast member to turn forty while on the show.
- Sister of 'Daniel Dratch' (qv)
- Plays cello.
- At 5' feet even, she is the second shortest cast member to date on "Saturday Night Live," being 16 inches shorter than the tallest cast members: Chevy Chase, Kevin Nealon, or Randy Quaid. Denny Dillon was the shortest cast member, standing only 4'11".
- The first person she did an impression of on _"Saturday Night Live" (1975)_ (qv) was 'Calista Flockhart' (qv).
- Is an alumnus of the Second City mainstage.
- She was awarded the 1997 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actress in a Revue for "Paradigm Lost" at the Second City Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.