Aug. 25th, 1981
Los Angeles, California, USA
Rachel Bilson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2009 - New York, I Love You
2008 - Jumper
2006 - The Last Kiss
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Guest Judge
Gum Chewing Girl
Herself - Panelist
Rachel Bilson (born August 25, 1981) and raised in Los Angeles, to Janice (Stango) and Danny Bilson. Her father is Ashkenazi Jewish and her mother is of Italian descent. She began acting while still at Notre Dame High School. She graduated high school in 1999 and went to Grossmont College but dropped out after a year and was encouraged to pursue a career in acting by her father, himself a writer, director and producer.
She worked in commercials and landed a few one-off roles in high profile TV shows before landing the part of Summer Roberts in the hit TV series The O.C. (2003), establishing herself as a household name.
- Ranked as #77 in FHM's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005" special supplement. (2005)
- She has a younger step-sister (born 2001).
- Attended the same high school as American Idol star 'Katharine McPhee (I)' (qv)
- Participated in stage productions of "Bye Bye Birdie," "Once Upon A Mattress" and "The Crucible."
- At age 14, she was involved in a head-on car accident, was unconscious for 4 days and as a result has a scar above her right eyebrow.
- Ranked #39 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- She likes to collect vintage shoes and purses.
- Is a fan of fashion. Her favourite designers are 'Stella McCartney' (qv) and 'Coco Chanel' (qv).