Aug. 25th, 1981
Los Angeles, California, USA
Rachel Bilson's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles2015 - American Heist
2013 - The To Do List
2010 - Waiting for Forever
2008 - Jumper
2006 - The Last Kiss
Guest TV Roles
Herself - Celebrity Player
Herself - Guest Judge
Gum Chewing Girl
Rachel Bilson (born August 25, 1981) and raised in Los Angeles, to Janice (Stango) and Danny Bilson. Her father is Ashkenazi Jewish and her mother is of Italian descent. She began acting while still at Notre Dame High School. She graduated high school in 1999 and went to Grossmont College but dropped out after a year and was encouraged to pursue a career in acting by her father, himself a writer, director and producer.
She worked in commercials and landed a few one-off roles in high profile TV shows before landing the part of Summer Roberts in the hit TV series The O.C. (2003), establishing herself as a household name.
- Split from her boyfriend of over two years, her _"The O.C." (2003)_ (qv) co-star 'Adam Brody (I)' (qv).
- At age 14, she was involved in a head-on car accident, was unconscious for 4 days and as a result has a scar above her right eyebrow.
- Is the spokesperson for Bongo jeans.
- Participated in stage productions of "Bye Bye Birdie," "Once Upon A Mattress" and "The Crucible."
- Resides in a two-bedroom condo in Hollywood Hills that has been in her family for years with her best friend.
- Was a recurring character on _"The O.C." (2003)_ (qv) until she was offered a contract, and became a regular. She was added to the opening credits in the episode, "The Countdown".
- Great-granddaughter of 'George Bilson' (qv) and 'Hattie Bilson' (qv)
- Attended the same high school as 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv), but was a grade ahead of her.